The Old days are dying and the New drivers only smell like they have.

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by Muleskinner, Mar 25, 2008.

1. Roadmedic

Roadmedic Road Train Member

Apr 4, 2007

I can see that. That town would drive you to it.:biggrin_25519:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Muleskinner

Muleskinner <strong>"Shining Beacon of Chickenlights"</strong>

You and me both brother......I stand in my yard at night and were it not for my idiot inlaws driving by and the occasional methhead there would be zero traffic on my road until 5 am when my neighbor down the road leaves for work.As it is we still don't get one car on average per hour and you can barely see the glow of a bit bigger town 15 miles away in the night sky.I wouldn't take free room and board in the finest penthouse in the Chicago skyline for this rundown shack either.

Roadmedic Thanks this.
  4. AfterShock

AfterShock Road Train Member

Sep 19, 2007
    Inland Empire, California
    I reckon
    It's twue
    It's twue!!

One man's penthouse is another man's
    outhouse. :biggrin_25525: :biggrin_25523:

Lurchgs and Roadmedic Thank this.
  5. Roadmedic

Roadmedic Road Train Member

Apr 4, 2007

####, that makes me think I live in a big city. I get way more traffic than that. But then again I do live on the edge of a small town.

Muleskinner Thanks this.
  6. walleye

walleye Road Train Member

Aug 21, 2007
    Land of Cheese
    Living in the outhouse isn't so bad...........It's the upstairs neighbors that really pizz me off!!!:biggrin_25526:

7. AfterShock

AfterShock Road Train Member

Sep 19, 2007
    Inland Empire, California
    WoW!
    You have a two-story outhouse?
    CooL! :biggrin_25525:

8. Muleskinner

LOL...It is twue.....back about 6 or 8 years ago I had a great job offer in Naperville,Aurora area...I took it and they provided me with a decent apartment in Downers Grove...GREAT paying job,doing something I enjoy,all expenses,company truck to act like it was my own and unlimited fuel,nice office and IF I had to go out onsite I could sit in the pickup and watch it all happen and just make a phone call from the cab and the direction of work would change....a lifetime gravy train...I lasted three months up there and by the time I left I was cussing every breath,stressed out and wanting to kill folks in traffic jams....HORRIBLE way to live and even worse people.I met some nice folks on that job,but most were implants from other areas and the scumbags over ran the good ones I met 1000 to 1.The constant noise and movement around me was overwhelming and I just couldn't adjust.I'd drive the 6 hours back down here on friday at 100 mph and make it in three (lol) and monday it would take me 10 hours to get back up there.If they started at Kankakee with a army of D10 Cats blade to blade and shoved everything north and west into the big lake until it was just bare dirt behind them it wouldn't bother me in the least.

9. Muleskinner

I have a small town about 2 1/2 miles northeast of me ,but I live on a secondary to a secondary :biggrin_2554:road and right behind my place is the county line.The road in front of my place is oil and chip,but an 1/8 of a mile behind me it crosses a creek with out a bridge or culvert(rock base) and then its a narrow 1 lane gravel that hits the Shawnee forest about another 1/8 mile.There's only 3 full time residents on the whole road.If my inlaws would sell out to me,I'd have it made.They bought the place down the road and then we bought this place(bought and sold this place three times now in 10 years,but only lived here once,so it must be where I'm supposed to be.lol) and their ground joins mine and then I made the mistake of not buying the place that borders the east so her nephew could buy it(trying to be a nice guy to the kid.I had first chance AND the cash to buy it) and now I hear dual exhaust and music all hours of the night from that idiot.If her family would just win the lottery and move to Australia it would be nirvana out here.lol

10. Muleskinner

LOL:biggrin_25523::biggrin_25523:

11. thestoryteller

thestoryteller Medium Load Member

Mar 18, 2008
    Kern County, California
    Hey Shakey........... I'm just a hop, skip an' jump north of ya! :yes2557:

Does that help?? :biggrin_25525:

But then I live in a city that everyone likes to call a "small town"......... Bakersfield, California........ yep, little hick town we are........ :biggrin_25512:

Will someone please tell me when 700,000 people in a city qualified as "small"??? Compared to what? .... Tokyo? :biggrin_25521:

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.