The Pneumatic Tanker Thread

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by Air Cooled, Sep 6, 2016.

1. Air Cooled

Air Cooled Road Train Member

Jul 17, 2011
    Baltimore
    Could they use those trailers for food grade after a washout? But then again you'd have to really jackhammer those sides down. Hmm. I'm assuming you haul all cement products like slag and flyash? I'm still green on the bulk scene so I don't really know.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. rbrtwbstr

rbrtwbstr Road Train Member

Jul 11, 2012
    in the bush somewhere

I suppose they could, but I doubt they would be big enough at 1000 cubic feet. Most food grade uses 1600 cubic ft trailers (around here anyway).

Cleaning them out wouldn't be too bad, most of our newer trailers are pretty clean inside. There's nothing to jackhammer out, just dust.

4. RockinChair

RockinChair Road Train Member

Feb 19, 2012
    CC, TX
    They would have to switch over to food-grade seals in the dome lids, product valves, and hose gaskets.

5. Air Cooled

Air Cooled Road Train Member

Jul 17, 2011
    Baltimore
    Ah 10-4. Yea that all makes sense. Sounds like there isn't much else to haul when cement gets slow.

6. REO6205

REO6205 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Feb 15, 2014
    California.
    Plus, they'd have to compete with established food grade carriers.
    Unless you have a steady and dependable customer base food grade is a tough game.

7. RockinChair

RockinChair Road Train Member

Feb 19, 2012
    CC, TX
    You can always haul sand.

If there's a lime plant around, you can haul kiln dust. And if you have a bigger trailer, you can haul lime.

8. mpow66m

mpow66m Heavy Load Member

Jul 6, 2011
    Northeast
    Just signed on to Modern Trans hauling a Pn Tnkr.After 5.5 yrs of van delivery,i need to make some money.250 a ld,1 ld a day.from NJ to MA,ld,unld and home.Tired of ####ty equipt. and ####ty routes.Anyone have any inf on them?Ill be hauling shingle granules,seem like decent folks.

9. rbrtwbstr

Jul 11, 2012
    in the bush somewhere

We do haul some sand, to the gas Wells in the northern part of the state. And there's a lime plant literally a mile from the shop, that we're their main hauler. But their work revolves around power plants, which most are idle at the moment. There's other lime plants around, but the money just isn't there. Too many other companies after it. Big companies that can haul for a loss, just for the work

10. rbrtwbstr

Jul 11, 2012
    in the bush somewhere
    I don't know of anybody that works for them, but i had been seeing their trucks quite often in Harrisburg area. I believe they had a drop lot near there. I still see them, but not nearly as often.

I noticed many of their trailers don't have pipes on the bottom, which leads me to believe some are simply bottom dropping into a pit. Which would be pretty cool if the pit takes the material away fast enough.

I'm pretty sure the trucks are choked at 64 mph or so. They're never going the speed limit. Always slower. And I thought they were going to nanny cameras, but I'm not positive on that

Anyways, welcome, and good luck!

11. mpow66m

mpow66m Heavy Load Member

Jul 6, 2011
    Northeast
    they have Macks with about evry button or switch known to mankind.govd to 65,the ones that are.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.