The ramblings of a rookie

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Samarquis, Apr 10, 2018.

1. Samarquis

Samarquis Light Load Member

Dec 20, 2017
    Maine
    Some day I'll make it out that far. Have a good night, and hopefully tomorrow is an easier day than today!

Highway Sailor and Truckermania Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Samarquis

Dec 20, 2017
    Maine
    I just want to put it out there, since this is the first major holiday Ive run around...

I worked hard in my younger years to get my CDL. To get a job I had to be trained, Drug tested, background checked, have my health examined to ensure I meet DOT standards, etc.

But any dip#### with a license can jump into a motor home or hitch up to the camper/boat trailer. Bypass every scale, drive as many hours as they feel like, and just generally be idiots. I have seen so many of these people driving unreasonable speeds, weaving all over, cutting people off short not considering their trailers, and just driving bad all around. It drives me up a wall!!

Ok thats all

Stay safe and watch out for the idiots out there.

4. Truckermania

Truckermania Road Train Member

Oct 13, 2011
    Sturgis,SD
    Thank you! I'm sure tomorrow will be fine. I do love this part of the country. Very beautiful!

Samarquis Thanks this.
  5. Lepton1

Lepton1 Road Train Member

Nov 23, 2012
    Yukon, OK
    I'm at the TA East in OKC, as usual. I ran two local loads to and from oil rigs today. 300 total miles, a fair amount of sweat in the heat and humidity to secure and unsecure loads, plenty of "Thank You's!" from my customers. Satisfied with a profitable day.

Drinking a better beer than @Rugerfan ...

... just sayin'....

6. Rugerfan

Rugerfan Road Train Member

May 3, 2011
    Redding,CA
    Hey now, I’m a cheap date.

Lepton1 Thanks this.
  7. Highway Sailor

Highway Sailor Road Train Member

Nov 23, 2011
    Erie,Pa.
    A couple years ago I spent the 4th of July weekend in in a truck stops dirt parking lot in South Dakota with Bud lite lime. I consider that one of my low points as a company driver.

Samarquis, Lepton1 and Truckermania Thank this.
  8. Slim51

Slim51 Light Load Member

Sep 22, 2017
    Maine
    I second that. Bet he can’t wait to be 21!! Lol. Joking, joking.... sort of.

Lepton1, G13Tomcat and Samarquis Thank this.
  9. Rugerfan

Rugerfan Road Train Member

May 3, 2011
    Redding,CA
    I’m no beer snob. I like it because if I bring an 18 pack to a party, no one else will like it.

10. Samarquis

Dec 20, 2017
    Maine

Im not a beer drinker, but when i smoked cigarettes i would smoke menthols at social functions, because i knew nobody would bum them. Very much the same logic

11. Slim51

Slim51 Light Load Member

Sep 22, 2017
    Maine
    When the mood hits me just right, usually after 3 beers, I become a degenerate and smoke whatever tobacco I can bum. Menthols, lights, home rolled, cigars, Marlboro, camels, old golds.... beggars can’t be choosers

Lepton1 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.