The rookie

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by meechyaboy, Nov 6, 2018.

1. newbietrucker91

newbietrucker91 Light Load Member

Oct 16, 2015
    Texas
    apu as far as I know is offered only to lease drivers.

2. TruckBuddy440

TruckBuddy440 Bobtail Member

Apr 8, 2019
    Idling effects MPG bonus right? Just trying to figure out the best way to keep and cook my own food while taking advantage of maximum bonuses. I guess freezer packs?

3. meechyaboy

meechyaboy Light Load Member

Oct 4, 2018
    Yea it goes against, all the oc’s have a ice machine and I’m close to one every other day so me and Coleman(my cooler) are usually cool as ice lasts around 4 days for me. I also got a 12v fridge off amazon that works really well. Haven’t tried to cook anything but I normally get a bunch of fruit from sams and some fresh sliced lunch meat..

TruckBuddy440 and scythe08 Thank this.
  4. TruckBuddy440

TruckBuddy440 Bobtail Member

Apr 8, 2019
    I've been looking at these https://www.amazon.com/Pack-Large-C...+for+coolers&qid=1557782972&s=gateway&sr=8-11 to keep fridge cool on downtime. Obviously, I'll need a decent freezing compartment to get the icepacks to the proper temperature, but these look like they can keep a fridge cool and the freezer frozen for a few days.

meechyaboy Thanks this.
  5. meechyaboy

Oct 4, 2018
    That could work I don’t know how long this last vs how long you would be staying out and also could you set it up on the road. My set up is

Coleman Cooler | Steel-Belted Cooler Keeps Ice Up to 4 Days | 54-Quart Cooler for Camping, Barbecues, Tailgating & Outdoor Activities https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0009PURKE/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_zXH2CbAWMWEJ5

Coleman strapped to my front seat

Smad 12v/110v Fridge Refrigerator Domestic Portable Mini Cooler,1 cu ft https://www.amazon.com/dp/B073H2HKL6/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_kZH2CbTZHVCJV

Fridge fits in the cabinet and works as a 12v plug in but I got a 50$ inverter to use it in its normal mode.

+5 dollar 6 gallon bucket from Lowe’s for ice..

I’m usually out a week or 2 and I typically only need ice every 3-4 days.. fridge was plenty of room for the and condiments and stayed cold if I had to turn it off for the night.. but I mainly ate and snacked on fruit

TruckBuddy440 Thanks this.
  6. meechyaboy

Oct 4, 2018
    Picked up a trailer from Basf with a tire that that had a whole the size of a golf ball in it...

Nothing more frustrating than being held hostage by the guy that pulled up at the fuel island to take his 30 when there’s a lot of parking spaces

Orange713 and scythe08 Thank this.
  7. meechyaboy

Oct 4, 2018
    Parked in wv went in to use the restroom and noticed that my front placard was stolen off my trailer smh I know it didn’t just magicAlly fly off as it was super taped smh

• Draft saved Draft deleted