The rookie

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by meechyaboy, Nov 6, 2018.

1. meechyaboy

meechyaboy Heavy Load Member

Oct 4, 2018
    Detroit, Michigan
    Yea southeast Michigan

scythe08 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. meechyaboy

Oct 4, 2018
    Detroit, Michigan
    Off paper logs for now but workflow or navigation still don’t work can view an overview of the assignment through compass so I pretty much have to call and verify every little detail before I pick up or deliver. I think the only thing that works is the hos but even that has a pop up coming to the top corner every few mins

4. newbietrucker91

newbietrucker91 Road Train Member

Oct 16, 2015
    Texas
    Man, thinks seem to be really bad since I left. I left Schneider a month ago, cause I could see what was going to be the norm and wanted no part in it. Multiple short weeks and just sitting on average 3-4 days a week did me in.

Got a local gig, just a simple class b street sweeper gig that pays good, home everyday, no real stress, and pays around the same as when I was driving for them. However the OTR craving is still there and I might find myself back over the road later in life.

surf_avenue and meechyaboy Thank this.
  5. meechyaboy

Oct 4, 2018
    Detroit, Michigan
    Glad to hear you made it out and happy, that’s the key. It’s been ugly for me and I’m putting in else where.. had my best week last week and just barely cracked 1k gross .This week with the tablet the load canceling on Monday I’ll be lucky to gross $600 with the routing home from Chicago. My dbl is routing me to the Oc just to sit and do the sustainment training but couldn’t get routed for a new tablet. Well that and to look at overspeeds which makes no sense cause Ive fully transitioned into a professional steering wheel holder since the end of May I mean I literally set cruise control when I’m at 25 now and bump it up till 63 ... my cruise control % is in the 80s so we’ll see.

6. newbietrucker91

Oct 16, 2015
    Texas
    Just looking at the website let's one know how over saturated the tanker division is right now. Sign on bonus is set at $2500. When I was hired it was $9000 and at its peak since starting $12000.

Also those trucks are too sensitive now. They record overspend at 63.1 mph..... if you happen to tap that peddle.

surf_avenue Thanks this.
  7. meechyaboy

Oct 4, 2018
    Detroit, Michigan
    They’re saying it’s tariffs causing a halt in freight , and that’s the thing I’m a professional wheel holder now so I pride myself in not touching those pedals unless necessary to prevent the adventure of flying through a windshield. Did you have tablet before you left? Wait nvm forgot I had the special test tablet... the tablet is so sensitive that anything over 5 mph is kicking you into drive.(Rip to the corapolis Oc move) and it also detects acceleration so if you leave 2nd gear to hard it’ll kick into drive

8. newbietrucker91

Oct 16, 2015
    Texas
    Leta just say I had no stability control or collision warnings till getting put in a new truck. Respons was I had to learn to adapt to the new truck which just made the job more stressful cause now I had to worry about triggering some code evertime I made a turn. Car cuts me off, I get a hard brake and front end collision warning.

No tablet thankfully.

9. meechyaboy

Oct 4, 2018
    Detroit, Michigan
    I just want something new enough to have a inverter in it. Don’t really care for the 2020s as the bumper is scraping the earth and like you said it’s a giant computer full of error codes

10. meechyaboy

Oct 4, 2018
    Detroit, Michigan
    Had my First double blind shipment today...

So Yesterday I was flying across 74 and all of a sudden the tablet decided to randomly reboot itself then come back on with an error/malfunction that said to switch to paper logs again. Woke up today and the tablet said the malfunction was cleared and got to read further instructions on the assignment...luckily I parked at a pilot and hadn’t parked in the lot right across from the consignee As they was able to fax me the correct bill even though they sent the wrong paperwork at first and I couldn’t use the corporate card I have to wait for a reimbursement. I traveled half a day with different paperwork. Double blind shipments are all weird. So In the middle of the delivery my tablet hits me with another malfunction.
    Got to Gary and got a new tablet was told I had to call IT and have it switched over so I parked did my post trip- and called IT (support IT omg I thought the best system was lazy) It told me to take it to maintenance and tried to just brush it off even though I asked him what was IT for?.. So I go to the service desk and have him call and finally get something figured out now I have to wait for them to switch some stuff and hope it works.

11. famousk

famousk Light Load Member

Jul 27, 2018
    I’m pretty sure the tablets got some crazy issues they need to fix, my tablet locks up on me while I’m driving and using the navigation app saying; “only the navigation app is accessible while driving”......... I’m putting in my notice soon tho so I’m happy

meechyaboy Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.