The rookie

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by meechyaboy, Nov 6, 2018.

1. famousk

famousk Light Load Member

Jul 27, 2018
    100% correct I spoke to one of my friends who is an IC today and they have shafting him on pay because he never said anything

meechyaboy Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. meechyaboy

meechyaboy Heavy Load Member

Oct 4, 2018
    Detroit, Michigan
    I dropped it and pulled up slightly, my next trailer was right next to it so I placarded it and check seals and up top before moving to it and hooking up but that was it

slim shady Thanks this.
  4. meechyaboy

Oct 4, 2018
    Detroit, Michigan
    Yea I understood this a while back. When I first started getting home they would end the assignment at the tankwash but my car was parked behind the pilot. It only 8 miles but that’s 4 dollars a week. I was calling extended so much to have a routing point added they would sometimes add it before I called. But that translates into other things too. I knew a driver that complained of making 0 dollars on a check cause they had him sitting. Didn’t know he had to have them add layover pay. And they have about a week to add it in if you forgot. A lot of people think hometime is strictly a 34. You put in for the time you want and talk to them to work it out. They definitely will take advantage of anything you don’t know about

5. slim shady

slim shady Road Train Member

Sep 14, 2011
    Chicago, Il.
    When pulling a multi compartment I always try to unload #1 first, or if the customer is unloading I'll ask them to do ,#1 first

kemosabi49 and meechyaboy Thank this.
  6. meechyaboy

Oct 4, 2018
    Detroit, Michigan
    See us truckers deal in logic but it seems to be the things that don’t make sense that we get stuck with lol but it happens smh. They loaded 900 of it in the back and 600 in the front but why are you ordering 1500 gallons when you still have 1200 in your tank? He also said they’re totes were full also but here’s the kicker. After I finished the 900 he says, “I think compartment 1 will fit (21+6=no but I’m listening) there’s more room than I thought. “How much room is in the tank”? (Keep in mind the tank is 3 stories up in the front of the building and it takes me about 15 mins anytime I want to get in touch with this guy.) “well there’s no exact way to measure it we don’t have any scientific way to measure it” and this was after I unloaded a compartment. If the number were close and I would’ve only been returning say 100 gals and the tank was easily accessible I would’ve done it but this situation was beyond idiotic

Last edited: Oct 5, 2019
    Reason for edit: Unfinished
    scythe08 and slim shady Thank this.
  7. famousk

famousk Light Load Member

Jul 27, 2018
    Schneider’s compartments usually go to different customers and from my experience they never schedule comp1 to be delivered first

slim shady Thanks this.
  8. newbietrucker91

newbietrucker91 Road Train Member

Oct 16, 2015
    Texas
    I had to deal with a similar situation on a nalco load, well 2 loads. First load had me go to some paper mill, where the tank was insulated and had no gauge to tell you how much product was inside. Took 40 minutes for managers and workers to figure out how much "might" be in it cause the tank itself could only hold 400G and I had 350G. It all went in but nonidead if it was below the 90% line that nalco likes.

In the 2nd load I had a 4 compartment nalco load going to a petroleum plant. All 4 comportments had the same stuff and it was going into 2 different tanks in opposite sides of the plant. Tank one took 2 compartments fine but tank 2 only had room for 1 compartment. Seems they told Nalco only to put half the order in but Nalco being Nalco said ## and fully filled all 4 compartments. Had to sit there for 2 hours till they could bring out a few totes to offload into.

I hated having to call that Nalco line so I was one of the drivers that never di . Plus I never bothered doing a hazmat call cause it usually takes 20 minutes on hold go reach someone. I would always get msg about not calling but was never scolded for it.

Also find it funny how some drivers have so much time on there hands that they like to report what they find at tank washes. For the heck of it I would remove the placard on the front of the trailer when dropping to see what would happen. Next day get a msg that a driver sent them pictures of it missing and how I could of gotten a ticket going down the road ext. Always made me laugh.

9. slim shady

slim shady Road Train Member

Sep 14, 2011
    Chicago, Il.
    I'd send in a message reminding them that if any thing goes wrong, with say your in route to next delivery and #1 is only comp loaded, You have a tractor issues and they tow you a different tractor, dropping that tank is Very risky.

kemosabi49 Thanks this.
  10. meechyaboy

Oct 4, 2018
    Detroit, Michigan
    Had me one heck of a night. In Chicago had another driver say he wasn’t leaving the house... and I ended up getting his load 2 stops one to the nightmare place from last Thursday and another in Chicago. Had one compartment at the first stop take 3 hours. Had another truck parked in the loading spot. Had to wait for him to get dressed and move. Then you have to shoot this stuff at about 30 psi just to get some flow. And it still took 2 hours for 1000 gallons( only at this place. So I call in to dispatch I told them I’m low on hours would I be able to park at the 2nd stop overnight... to which they said yea come on through. I had close to 4 hours needed two for driving and I was think I wouldn’t go to far over my hours ... second stop needed 100 feet of hoses and you had to drag em inside through this tiny hallway with doors that open towards you. Fast forward to 6 o’clock in the morning and I’m hopping in the sleeper riot breaks amongst their employees because I have to get off of the property all of a sudden... “there’s a truckstop around the corner. Make a right at the light and drive all the way—— yea right. I’m so over it

scythe08 and newbietrucker91 Thank this.
  11. newbietrucker91

newbietrucker91 Road Train Member

Oct 16, 2015
    Texas
    Maybe you will be that driver next week saying, "I'm not leaving the house!". Just a few more days for that year man! You can do it! You might even be able to get pre-hired at a few places with orientation scheduled the week after you leave!

meechyaboy Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.