The rookie

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by meechyaboy, Nov 6, 2018.

1. meechyaboy

meechyaboy Heavy Load Member

Oct 4, 2018
    Detroit, Michigan
    Yea that’s what I was hoping looking to go local

scythe08 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. meechyaboy

Oct 4, 2018
    Detroit, Michigan
    Before I joined ecolab I didn’t have one check that officially grossed (998 was my highest) since joining ecolab my lowest was 1100 last week hitting 1400 so it seems the only way to get consistent checks is dedicated with Schneider. I hate that everything is hazmat which is more hassle but checks are finally being deposited

scythe08 Thanks this.
  4. scythe08

scythe08 Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2007
    Portland, Or
    If you can handle the year of crap like this, you'll be able to handle anything.

5. meechyaboy

Oct 4, 2018
    Detroit, Michigan
    I hear a lotta doors swing wide open around day 365 lol

Gearjammin' Penguin Thanks this.
  6. meechyaboy

Oct 4, 2018
    Detroit, Michigan
    Had a fun unload last night... had to deliver some acid to michgan did my pretrip and upon first glance everything was ok. Get to the customer and get ready to unload and 1. All of the ecolab customers have a 2 inch fill line which is fine cause i have the fitting for it but this was the first trailer I’d ever had that had 2 inch connectors also... told them I wouldn’t be able to deliver cause I don’t have multiples of the fitting. Since being in the account I’ve been asking for two inch hoses and they never have em in stock. They call some people and I end up on the phone with the ecolab guy and he tells me they have it written along the lines of if they run out of product they charge Schneider somewhere along the lines of $30,000 per hour.... sheeeesh, so they were scrambling but the problem was it was 10 at night and I was in the middle of nowhere... only had 1 bar cellular connection. The day was save by the fact that someone found a 2 inch adapter in their tank room and was able to complete delivery. So I then scramble back to Gary to park for the night and coming into the gate they tell me the trailer has a open work order and the trailer guys won’t be in till the morning. So I gotta see if they’re gonna work on it cause it still has acid in it

7. newbietrucker91

newbietrucker91 Road Train Member

Oct 16, 2015
    Texas
    Back when I first started at SN was out with the local trainer and we had a nalco load to one of the refineries. 2in connector on the trailer sonqe also could not deliver. One if the workers was able to find a adapter so we did not have to run back to the yard.

After that I ended up keeping double of everything. Had 8 hoses and 2 of every adapter. Never even had to ask for them cause people seem to just leave their hoses at the tank wash and adapters. Made sure to ask before taking them and am always told they been there for days.

surf_avenue and meechyaboy Thank this.
  8. meechyaboy

Oct 4, 2018
    Detroit, Michigan
    Yea at one point I had 10 hoses but I think the 7 that I have now will do. I’ve never seen extra fittings or a 2 inch hose left around. Plenty of gloves though

9. newbietrucker91

newbietrucker91 Road Train Member

Oct 16, 2015
    Texas
    I've picked up many a empty trailer that had hoses in the trailer rack. After the snow begins to melt you will find many squashed hoses up in chicago land at the quala that drivers just left on the ground.

Edit - Also before I quit, i was parked next to a driver that had nothing but 2in hoses. So they do have them but in very small numbers.

10. Thanos

Thanos Bobtail Member

May 12, 2018
    Neverland
    Ive switched trucks a few times while with schneider. I usually keep extra fittings found on the new truck. I have doubles of everything.i have every male to female, 2inch to 3 inch fitting imaginable

meechyaboy Thanks this.
  11. scythe08

scythe08 Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2007
    Portland, Or
    Yeah, me too! I probably had 50lbs of fittings lol

meechyaboy Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.