The rookie

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by meechyaboy, Nov 6, 2018.

1. meechyaboy

meechyaboy Heavy Load Member

Oct 4, 2018
    Detroit, Michigan
    Called and asked customer if I can park there overnight after I finished unloading before I got there cause I wouldn’t have enough hours if not. Was told they really needed the product and that yes overnight parking was available. Showed up had 4 people greet me asking was I the guy staying overnight and thanked me for showing up. About 5 hours later (2compartments both requiring 100 feet of hoses and the only place you can rinse was indoors through a tiny 2 door hallway.) I finish and get told I can’t park there and the nearest truck stop was somewhere down the street. Security came up to me apologizing cause the situation was screwed up and the lot manager is sitting there saying nobody on his team would ever tell me I can park there and that it’s not my fault I’m just a driver like I would’ve just showed up like some idiot to crash on someone’s lot. By the time I was hooked up to the tow truck which by the way blocked up their whole lot for a whole two hours I was about 8 into my ten hour. So the customer outright lied I was up for about 24 straight hours and the tow truck driver had to pull the drive axles cause he couldn’t get the driveshaft loose. And I spent the next two days doing nothing waiting on my truck

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. newbietrucker91

newbietrucker91 Road Train Member

Oct 16, 2015
    Texas
    Yah Schneider does not allow off duty driving ti safely park. Even if a truck stop is 1 mile down the road and it's the middle of the day with plenty of parking. Out of hours you better call that tow truck to pull you that 1 mile.

On that note I had a break down in Chicago where my power steering went out and the tow guy couldn't pull my shaft. They placed both axles in my cab and the inside smelt of oil for months.

4. ncdriver1

ncdriver1 Road Train Member

Dec 3, 2012
    It blows my mind that Schneider would rather pay for that tow than just give you an option for PC...

5. meechyaboy

Oct 4, 2018
    Detroit, Michigan
    Yea they don’t play about that but the other thing was I didn’t feel there was a truckstop. I mean imagine a guy trying to kick you off his property saying things like, “all the other drivers park there” , well how do you get to it “you make a right at the light drive about two blocks then it’s right there” on the south side of Chicago? Well what’s the name of it? “It’s called uhh” nope I ain’t going, checked trucker path and it wasn’t anything near me

6. meechyaboy

Oct 4, 2018
    Detroit, Michigan
    Got 3 interviews all across town and of course we get our first big snowstorm of the year in Mich... about 20 mins late to the first one cause of accidents (Be safe out there everybody)
    But the first interview went really well, I think I practically got the job, the hiring manager lives like 2 streets away from me. Told me that if everything came back clean they’d offer the position. My only run in with the police was a minor ticket from like 2010 so I’m golden. And before I left I got a couple “welcome to the team” from the staff

kemosabi49 and scythe08 Thank this.
  7. meechyaboy

Oct 4, 2018
    Detroit, Michigan
    So I have a official start date of december 2nd, went in to fill out some dot paper work, was sent home with some more stuff to fill out but it’s pretty much official. Gonna try to put my 2 weeks in in person but if they’re not in in the office when I get there ill call em tomorrow.

famousk and scythe08 Thank this.
  8. scythe08

scythe08 Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2007
    Portland, Or
    Awesome! Cant wait to hear about the new gig. I'm looking as well. So sick of 15+ hour days. Already passed my 14 and I'm still being unloaded and I still have to drive back to the main plant to get the tank washed, truck fueled and prepped for the next driver. So probably another 3 hours with no extra money.

meechyaboy Thanks this.
  9. meechyaboy

Oct 4, 2018
    Detroit, Michigan
    sheesh that sounds brutal but hang in there man, I’m sure something nice will come your way

10. meechyaboy

Oct 4, 2018
    Detroit, Michigan
    Today was interesting, showed up to a customer and There was another driver attempting to unload and he mentioned that there was another guy there before him. But he had his trailer pressurized to about 25 psi with every thing open, hoses full of product but no flow and they were insisting every thing on their end was fine smh even called maintenance who pretty much just kicked the pipe and said it’s fine smh so was should’ve been two quick unloads turned into a nightmare for him until conveniently they had hot water hoses hidden inside that they let him use. I had acid and luckily that doesn’t freeze so after the wait I had the simple bang bang unload, think the time wasted forced the other driver to have to hit a truckstop instead of making it back

11. newbietrucker91

newbietrucker91 Road Train Member

Oct 16, 2015
    Texas
    Reminds me of the 8 hour unload of glue I had in winter. Customer never selected for HIT so everything was pretty frozen by the time it came to unload. Didn't help that it was sitting for 2 days at a quala being snowed on as well.

surf_avenue and meechyaboy Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.