The rookie

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by meechyaboy, Nov 6, 2018.

1. meechyaboy

meechyaboy Heavy Load Member

Oct 4, 2018
    Detroit, Michigan
    man I was angry while going through it. Got over it fairly quickly when I got my first check lol. On training and rookie pay I’m making much better money +100x the hometime lol. I’m still finding out pros to this company. For example just found out they get 20% off Verizon. Discounts to ford and Chrysler cause we deliver to them. But enough about them. I try to leave as much information about Schneider as I can to help the next guy out

scythe08 and kemosabi49 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. newbietrucker91

newbietrucker91 Road Train Member

Oct 16, 2015
    Texas
    Inb4 Schneider sends you a letter asking if you like to come back and with a 1 cent raise. I'm hauling reefer now on this dedicated account and make more $ with no headache or trouble.

I still get this insane urge tho to go back into tankers but only Schneider will look at me cause I refuse to move close to a terminal. Heck I even started looking at their lease op program cause I love living life on the edge lol

scythe08 Thanks this.
  4. meechyaboy

Oct 4, 2018
    Detroit, Michigan
    They’ve called a bunch of times but I see that 920-xxx and send it straight to voicemail. They’ve sent a ton of mail advertisement all with the same marketing “ know why drivers choose Schneider? Great pay!!” Lmao
    Even their Craigslist tanker ad justs read
    Driver needed - high pay and its hilarious
    CDL Drivers Needed - High Pay - transportation - job employment

newbietrucker91 Thanks this.
  5. jdimes

jdimes Medium Load Member

Apr 22, 2011
    somewhere, usa
    Pump up your earnings lmao is this in correlation with them being called the pumpkin(sarcasm) lol

meechyaboy Thanks this.
  6. meechyaboy

Oct 4, 2018
    Detroit, Michigan
    Gotta big snow snow storm coming down currently kinda thinking they’re gonna call us in early. I know the tow trucks are cleaning up tonight. If yall in this snow storm take it slow and stay safe. As far as my days I’m doing a minumum of 3 night but it’s starting to go fast. Every day it feels like I load my first then I’m unloading my last and heading home . Does not feel like 10-12 hours

7. meechyaboy

Oct 4, 2018
    Detroit, Michigan
    Today was a wash. Started out preloaded with instructions that we were getting called in early if it starts to snow... So I knock out the first load and head to the terminal to get loaded as The truck ahead of me is pulling out of the rack my phone rings and it’s dispatch asking if I was loaded yet. I say I’m pulling in now, he asks was it snowing.. No it’s actually pretty nice out( crazy to consider nice out as 38degrees). So I pull into the rack hookup up no product load. So I call dispatch, and was told we were calling it a night cause it’s Getting pretty bad out. I’m looking lost like it’s perfectly fine out. Check all weather forecast and we’re supposed to get 2 inches of snow but I digress company orders. Brought her in and headed home.. watched some nba fell asleep on the couch lol woke up extremely disappointed by the lack of snow on the ground haha . But today’s a new day

scythe08 and TIMEWEASEL Thank this.
  8. meechyaboy

Oct 4, 2018
    Detroit, Michigan
    Interesting bunch of events surrounding today. First load took me 20 mins to get marathon. Our terminal is 3 mins away literally 5 blocks and two drive ways on fort street. There was a rollover on 75 (don’t know how he rolled over going uphill on a straight stretch of road) so traffic all around the area was backed up. Got loaded and 2 exits away from my stop there was another backup as a car caught fire. So I finally get to my stop (commercial account) and it usually takes 30 mins for them to come out . Took 5 but in the that time the truck asked for a regen.. Unloaded and put on the 2nd load and figured I’d just regen while unloading.. whole 40 mins and nothing got to my 3rd stop which was fun because they decided to park a car on top of their diesel. So I tell the cashier imma have to take the diesel somewhere else so she calls the store owner who ask me if I can get under the car and unload it smh. I say no it’ll have to come next time. We don’t have the key but can you get in it and move it? Have you been woken out of your sleep sir(it was 230 am) had to explain to him I only deliver gas. Cashier said she knew someone who could move the car called one of the mechanics who had a key to the shop to come and move the car. Told him “I woulda moved it but I’d seen to many movies where the guy sits in the car and it explodes”. haha. Had it regen that whole unload and still nothing. Told the day driver of the issues and to keep an eye out. I hope that truck doesn’t have to go in the shop it’s my favorite tractor trailer set up we have. The truck isn’t governed (not that I speed) the trailer has the vapor recovery manifolded so you don’t have to deal with bad plungers and they’ve been keeping up with the gaskets so there’s no surprises

scythe08 Thanks this.
  9. meechyaboy

Oct 4, 2018
    Detroit, Michigan
    Yesterday was longer than it should’ve been, 3rd stop, it’s one of those where you have to pull in front of the front door to get out . Can’t back up cause it’s a fairly busy stop all night. The owner comes in and parks right in the middle of the pumps and the building right where I need to go.. so I pull up to his grill and honk , the cashier gives me a thumbs up as he’s talking to him after 5 mins I go in and he’s in the bathroom. Ended Up losing 30 mins. Then I get to marathon for my final load 8000 87 and 1400 93. Short drive I’ll just toss it 4 and 4 with the 93 in the middle. Well it loaded that 10% ethanol and went to zero flow immediately. The 93 finished loading. So I reset the arms for 87 and immediately went zero flow. So I pickup the phone and get the bad news that they were out of 87. It shouldn’t have even let me load the ethanol in the first place... So I had the pleasure of driving to the other. marathon to get it pumped off. But hey I get paid by the hour. After had to drop the 93 at a station near the yard. But that added and extra 2 hours to my day

scythe08 Thanks this.
  10. Thanos

Thanos Bobtail Member

May 12, 2018
    Neverland
    Just got my w2... $38k for the year with the big pumpkin. Still cant believe i stayed an entire year. Schneider should be ashamed at how little they pay. Took my lumps, got my experience and moved on to greener pastures

11. meechyaboy

Oct 4, 2018
    Detroit, Michigan
    Yessir!!!! Glad you made it out!! Like I’m legit happy for you knowing what we been through. Where you at now? If you don’t mind me asking?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.