The rookie

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by meechyaboy, Nov 6, 2018.

1. meechyaboy

meechyaboy Heavy Load Member

Oct 4, 2018
    Detroit, Michigan
    So everyday I feel like I’m learning something new. Yesterday’s lesson was that in order to go home I have to manually request to go home so I am regional and the way it was explained to me this whole time was that I’d work the week and towards then end of the week they’d route me home for my 34 reset. there was never any mention of having to put in every time you want to go home. The pros is that right now My focus is to save money so as it was explained to me I can go til I’m ready to come home, but this week I need to get home I really need a new phone as unless I put it on speaker I sound really muffled to everybody. Need to pick up an inverter and get some more clothes for the winter. But the last two days I’ve been pretty much stuck at this tank wash and using it like it’s my home lol Wednesday day I made my delivery and had a drop and needed a tank for a early delivery

Eagles2193 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. meechyaboy

Oct 4, 2018
    Detroit, Michigan
    Today is Already off to a interesting start got the last tank to where it needed to be took less than 20 minutes to get there drop it and back to the tank wash .. found the new trailer went to hook up got aligned got out to check the trailer... noticed no wash out slip and all the plugs closed. Grabbed a bucket, bled the line product came oozing out... opened it up... full of product... so as Schneider says I smiled and dialed now I’m stuck here again til that trailer gets cleaned... fun times

4. Njhandofdoom

Njhandofdoom Bobtail Member

Apr 13, 2017

5. Njhandofdoom

Njhandofdoom Bobtail Member

Apr 13, 2017
    How old is truck? Auto? I thought they all came with inverters since 2015?

6. ErieMcDreary

ErieMcDreary Medium Load Member

Dec 4, 2016
    Erie PA
    If you "sound muffled" it is probably your Bluetooth, not your phone. If you're not using Bluetooth, you should be!

7. meechyaboy

Oct 4, 2018
    Detroit, Michigan
    Mine is a 2014 currently with 428967 on the odometer and it’s a manual

I don’t use it while I’m on the road only for the aux on the radio, but no the actual phone is messed up you know how apple products are after 2 years

Last edited: Dec 15, 2018
  8. Thanos

Thanos Bobtail Member

May 12, 2018
    Neverland
    Im currently on the road with my trainer... Cant wait to get my own rig

9. meechyaboy

Oct 4, 2018
    Detroit, Michigan
    Sweeet! Where did they send you??
    Make sure you understand all the paperwork, (filling out driver report forms and when you need them and how to calculate the gallons, and the load tab in the h.o.s.) I would ask if you could practice filling them out. Once I got out on my own the easy part was driving (everywhere except Chicago... theyre a special type of crazy) the hard part was the Qualcomm and more accurately calculating the nat. The assignments are easy but the real world is a little different for me I spend more than 30 mins on a pretrip and verifying times everyday..
    Also make sure you have another source of navigation from the gps. The one on the truck sometimes goofs up so I would keep a atlas and use google maps together so you know exactly where youre going before you take off. And finally make sure he shows you how to clean out the pump

Njhandofdoom Thanks this.
  10. meechyaboy

Oct 4, 2018
    Detroit, Michigan
    Yesterday was pretty blah... nothing really happened got back to my truck and during my pretrip noticed something was off with the pump on my truck called it in and was informed I had training the next day around 12 for the incident I had with the snow. Picked up the trailer and had the 1st incident of somebody refusing to sign my driver report form...( basically a sheet saying what I picked up and what times.. the guy was a dick about it too but oh well.. had about 150miles till delivery and they had overnight parking.. So the layout of the place is insteresting to say the least..They have a north and south side security office you must drive past the northside security office to check in at the south security office after you pull in through the driveway they make you do a U-turn and overnight parking is across the street from the facility. They take down your phone number and call you in the morning for your appointment. Now the north side Gate must be reversed into and only leaves about a half a foot on each side. the funny part about training was that it was gonna be on a simulator... Got my trailer and headed back to the Tank wash then on to the oc for training and maintenance. That simulator does not feel right at all but It was a piece of cake. Had to make a statement on what I will do to remain accident/incident free. Now onto maintenance , Walked in and there’s a different guy at the service desk he comes outside and looks at the pump and agrees but also looks at the truck and noticed all the stuff wrong with the truck I initially wrote up . And said he’ll get on it so here’s a toast to hopefully treating my baby right !!

PostmanMJC and scythe08 Thank this.
  11. Thanos

Thanos Bobtail Member

May 12, 2018
    Neverland
    Im in gary. Thr paperwork is ALOT. And we've only done air unloads so far. Ill have to ask or look at the hoghway guide book

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.