The start of my first year with Swift.

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Sheriff1/6, Jan 1, 2013.

1. MikeCammer

MikeCammer Bobtail Member

May 9, 2012
    Kooskia, Idaho
    MrH, does Swift pay for Layover when you are actually on a load? If that is the case, I have been missing out on a bunch of those 500-mile loads with 5-days until the delivery appointment..."Can't deliver early!"

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Mrh2008

Mrh2008 Road Train Member

May 25, 2012
    Mesa, AZ
    I don't think so, but I'm going to try my best to get something for my time. The load was late, no fault of my own and the CSR rescheduled for 5 days later. I requested to have the load tcalled at the terminal and got no where with that. I've done everything I could to make this work for everyone, now I think SWIFT should step up to the plate.

4. MikeCammer

May 9, 2012
    Kooskia, Idaho
    Do you get pulled into the weigh stations for the inspections or do you stop in, go in and volunteer for the inspection? I know it's a real new-b question but my Mentor was utterly useless in training. I wouldn't mind adding some "negatives" to my score. Thanks! :Transportation cost

5. Mrh2008

Mrh2008 Road Train Member

May 25, 2012
    Mesa, AZ
    You can go in and request an inspection, some people actually do that on a regular bases for a CVSA sticker, however, I've been called in all of those times.

6. MikeCammer

May 9, 2012
    Kooskia, Idaho
    Copy that....thanks!

7. Sheriff1/6

Sheriff1/6 Medium Load Member

Oct 16, 2012
    Boise, ID
    After running out of Corinne for a week and doing the math, it seems it's a pretty good gig. I was worried that I wasn't getting the miles to make any money. What I'm finding is the stop pay is making up for the lost miles. Another unexpected bonus came yesterday. When I got back from a run I was offered a short run with two stops. When I accepted that run I was given another one to back it up...destination Boise. I was able to complete my two stops early and head home to do a 34hr reset. I'm starting to like this Corinne gig.

MJ1657, MikeCammer and fifthwheel07 Thank this.
  8. NoBluffBuff

NoBluffBuff Light Load Member

Apr 4, 2012
    Northern Idaho
    You need a lot more than 4 points to get terminated from Swift though. They consider 36-42 a very high risk, maybe even dismissable at that point. I got a 2 point dock once, with the 4x amplification for first offense...bringing my risk score to 8 points. He must have a lot more points to be so close to termination.

9. Sheriff1/6

Oct 16, 2012
    Boise, ID
    I'm guessing his Misd. conviction for battery might have something to do with it.

10. Sheriff1/6

Oct 16, 2012
    Boise, ID
    I got done with my reset and headed out to Corinne early this morning. As luck would have it my Qualcomm stopped working and I had to go to paper logs. They ended up changing out the black box...twice. Once that was fixed I got a load to Blackfoot and then on to Ammon. I made those deliveries and am spending the night in Ammon. That will put me back at the terminal before 7am and hopefully in time to get another load.

11. NoBluffBuff

NoBluffBuff Light Load Member

Apr 4, 2012
    Northern Idaho
    Where is this Corinne?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.