The TA and Petro likes smelly drivers

Discussion in 'Truck Stops' started by tucker, Jun 22, 2017.

1. CaptainDaveG

CaptainDaveG Road Train Member

Jul 31, 2014
    Fremont Wi
    A. Boats/Navy Vessels are driven on auto pilot almost 99% of the time. It's very complicated but they plan routes point to point and it's put into an AIS system that tells the world who they are what they are and what there doing.

B. This is a very high risk channel where the incident took place. It's not 500 miles of open water As a Retired USCG Unrestricted Master Captain. An accident like this is unheard of. People have died there very lucky to save the ship. People will be held accountable and will go to jail.

C. I assure you it was an act of terrorism. That freight ship knew where to hit our vessel. I'm suprised it didn't roll over the top of the Navy vessel. Most likely speed limit in channel. Those big freight ships can go 30 knots.

Be Safe Out There

Captain Dave

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Western flyer

Western flyer Road Train Member

Mar 13, 2014
    That 2 shower credits for 120 gallons is only
    Temporary till august. Then that goes away.

NavigatorWife and tucker Thank this.
  4. Western flyer

Western flyer Road Train Member

Mar 13, 2014
    The t/a and petro can't die off fast enough
    As far as I'm concerned.
    I can honestly say I spend less than a hundred
    Bucks a year at them.
    There just way to freaking high on everything.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2017
  5. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    You need to get away from that large carrier and smell the roses.

6. Dave_in_AZ

May 4, 2015
    I just showered at the J, well a J. And got out after enduring the water switching to FREEZING.
    Well, what do you reach for when you exit the shower stall?
    A towel right?
    Petro & TA give you towels.

The J; no towels. Well I'm in some real pretty #### now huh? Ain't like at home where you can go nekked down the hall is it?

Another corporate scam to save money.

Petro / TA rule.

7. Dave_in_AZ

May 4, 2015
    Petro also does not have to have an infomercial every 10 minutes telling the "professional" drivers it's courteous to pull forward after fueling their truck.

8. rabbiporkchop

rabbiporkchop Road Train Member

Feb 9, 2012
    Wapwallopen, Pa
    You don't like Filibertos breakfast burritos?

Dave_in_AZ Thanks this.
  9. driverdriver

driverdriver Road Train Member

May 30, 2011
    It's the only way to do it with that garbage they try to pass off as food.

10. navypoppop

navypoppop Heavy Load Member

Dec 4, 2014
    Winter Haven, Fl.
    As everyone can tell by reading these posts, drivers have their personal favorites and you can't please everyone. Be open minded and consider why drivers prefer to stop where they want to or are told to by their companies to do so.

1-Bigger fuel discounts for large purchases to companies.
    2-Bonuses like shower credits which are often not used.
    3-Pilots offer no sit down restaurant choices[ almost all of them ] and smaller parking lots. The owner even got cheating the very customers he serves.
    4-Loves are usually newer, no sit down restaurants, smaller parking lots and at least they are building at the rate of 40 stops per year.
    5-TA's are at least offering sit down restaurants at almost all stops, larger parking lots but yes are older.
    6-Petro's will always be the premier of truck stops with sit down restaurants, largest parking lots, huge showers and overall more consideration for professional drivers.
    7-Flying J,s are larger versions of Pilots. They only kept their sit down restaurants opened because of the national contract with Denny's [YUK ].
    8-Independent truck stops are always the best but are disappearing like yesterdays news.

Look around you when visiting any truck stop and see the trash, urine bottles and worse scattered all over the lots, landscaping and light poles run over and not reported, trucks not parked in spaces correctly but left that way or parked in driveways. Then look at some of the drivers and the way they present themselves. Clothes that are filthy and haven't been cleaned since whenever and don't fit over their owners bellies, flip flops, sandles and sneakers. We ourselves as an industry have become what we are and need to take a look at what the public sees. It is not good!

Some of you will more than likely tell me I'm nuts but when I started driving in 1969 most drivers took pride in being a "Knight of the road" which the public perceived us to be. Today we are probably considered very undesirables or worse. At least we shaved, dressed cleanly, put trash in receptacles and sat down to eat at truckstops after a shower. And we respected each other!

God bless this great country for years to come and all of you. Be safe and courteous.

11. tucker

tucker Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2008
    IN
    You're suppose to make sure there's a towel in there first.
    At least you had your dirty clothes to dry off with.

austinmike and Dave_in_AZ Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.