The time I almost got into CR England

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by KingRichez, Oct 4, 2019.

1. jdimes

jdimes Medium Load Member

Apr 22, 2011
    somewhere, usa
    No they were done yearly we’d choose a different place to go every year my sister in law was a travel agent so she would put together these packages and my brother would more or less finance them and we’d pay him back monthly or you had the option to pay all at once~needless to say they’re no longer together which ended our vacations lol

KingRichez Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. KingRichez

KingRichez Bobtail Member

Sep 30, 2019
    Massachusetts
    Ah man lol. Y'all were the vacation cronies hahaha. Had a whole system and everything.

4. jdimes

jdimes Medium Load Member

Apr 22, 2011
    somewhere, usa
    Yeah man it was great had a nice little run, all legit started out we would do the Wisconsin Dells water park vacation and once that got old we expanded it to the other trips fun times for sure

KingRichez Thanks this.
  5. metallifreak10

metallifreak10 Light Load Member

Aug 20, 2010
    Wishing I was in Alaska

When I was in The Netherlands a few years ago, 10% was customary for tipping. We gave 15%. In Norway, 6% was customary, we gave 10%.

Europe can be very expensive. Going to Sweden and Norway can cost more than a Vacation to Hawaii (it did for us). $7 for a gallon of fuel, $12 for a beer at a restaurant (I think the $5.50 I paid tonight at Outback is bad enough), $120 is the cheapest you’ll find a hotel for (usually $200-$250). Oh, and that doesn’t include linens. Yes, outside of the major cities, you have to rent linens for another $20-$30 lol. Airbnb is probably cheaper though.

Plane flights to Europe can be cheap if you are flexible. $600-$700 RT is reasonable depending where you are flying. Zurich for some reason is usually pretty expensive.

The Netherlands/Germany from personal experience aren’t too expensive. Cheaper than Hawaii, but slightly more expensive than Alaska. The Scandinavian countries on the other hand are ridiculously expensive.

6. mud23609

mud23609 Medium Load Member

Mar 9, 2015
    You would be surprised how little you can spend going to some pretty far off places. I spent a month island hopping in the Philippines last year and spent less than 4 grand grand including airfare. And I could have done it for half that much if I wanted to but I often hired drivers instead of taking the bus to my next destination and I stayed in way nicer places than I needed to. Not to mention traveling to some of the more expensive places there like Palawan and Boracay.

KingRichez Thanks this.
  7. KingRichez

Sep 30, 2019
    Massachusetts
    Really? Customary tipping in Europe? Either way, why would you? The food wasn't that great and you're never going back there so why bother lmao. Give what you want, but don't stress it. Fries were the only these people know how to make, after that they got nothing! Their waiters make a proper wage so it's not expected. I haven't been to Sweden yet, but if we're talking about Amsterdam, I'd say is dirt cheap in March. We booked with American Airlines, my ticket was $550, but you can book with Wow probably for $380 if your willing to downsize on luggage.

8. KingRichez

Sep 30, 2019
    Massachusetts
    Yeah, I've heard Thailand's pretty cheap as well. Thailand's, Vietnam, Phillipeans, and Cambodia, all places on the bucket list. Air fairs more expensive than Europe because it's further out in Asia lol. It's best to stay with a friend from one country and then plan your trip from there. If you know people that is.

9. metallifreak10

metallifreak10 Light Load Member

Aug 20, 2010
    Wishing I was in Alaska
    The waiters in The Netherlands only make around $10.50 an hour on average. And in Norway, it’s typical to make $12-$14 an hour on average for servers. My mother-in-law is a server and she averages around $16-$20 an hour with hourly plus tips. If the servers in the Netherlands don’t get tips, then they make far less than the average server in the US despite having a higher cost of living.

Amsterdam is one of the cheapest places to fly to in Europe. Flying to Paris, Rome, Oslo, etc is more expensive.

10. KingRichez

Sep 30, 2019
    Massachusetts
    [​IMG]

11. mud23609

mud23609 Medium Load Member

Mar 9, 2015
    You can fly to the Philippines for around 700 if your flying a direct flight from say new york or la. Last time I went it was about a grand out of Minneapolis.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.