The Truckers’ Report flatbed Hall of Shame.

Discussion in 'Flatbed Trucking Forum' started by MACK E-6, Dec 11, 2017.

1. m16ty

m16ty Road Train Member

Jan 22, 2016
    I don't have any pics but there was a truck in Nashville hauling a excavator on a RGN. Somehow they neck separated from the trailer, right in the middle of the interstate. I'm assuming the driver forgot to put the neck safety pin in.

BigBob410, stwik, Zeviander and 5 others Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. lynchy

lynchy Light Load Member

Oct 18, 2010
    off the grid
  4. bigguns

bigguns Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2013
    Omega,GA
    Sad for everyone involved. No training. No common sense.

Adieu and stwik Thank this.
  5. Musashi

Musashi Light Load Member

Aug 18, 2017
    On 40 headed to Needles, I saw a guy hauling a jalopy with a pretzel wench and an old turtleneck. I just about crapped myself. I haven’t seen that since before the war.

6. Zeviander

Zeviander Road Train Member

Jan 23, 2015
    Winnipeg, MB, CA
    I'm not a gambling man, but I would put substantial money on the upcoming blitz week this summer focusing very heavily on cargo securement and all these lazy drivers getting nailed to the wall.

While I was still doing the training thing, this was being passed on down to me from the higher ups before the elog mandate hit, and it was coming from sources within the MTA (Manitoba Trucking Association) who had meetings with the MOT/CMV enforcement. Because now that elogs have made paper logs extinct, DOT officers no longer have an "easy" ticket to hand out.

CVSA Out-of-Service Criteria for cargo securement are going to be the new logbook inspection because it's easy to spot, and doesn't require lots of time to inspect.

Oxbow, LoneCowboy, stwik and 5 others Thank this.
  7. Pedigreed Bulldog

Pedigreed Bulldog Road Train Member

May 7, 2011
    ...and driver's racing that elog might just cut a corner or two in order to not violate the HOS on their way home. Of course getting stopped for an inspection will put them over their 14 if they're pushing the limit to that extent. Personally, if I woud've been legal to complete my trip home if not for the inspection, I'm completing the trip home after it's done.

Grubby, Oxbow, Feedman and 1 other person Thank this.
  8. ChaoSS

ChaoSS Road Train Member

Sep 20, 2014
    I thought this last one was supposed to be cargo securement. I just wish they'd pay a little more attention to it.

Feedman, Highway Sailor and Zeviander Thank this.
  9. Highway Sailor

Highway Sailor Road Train Member

Nov 23, 2011
    Erie,Pa.
    I had an inspection in NY last year . I was watching the officer in my mirror on the passenger side. He had
    his official state ruler out measuring the spacing of my straps. The ruler may not been official, I was just adding humor to the story.

stwik, Grubby, Oxbow and 2 others Thank this.
  10. Zeviander

Zeviander Road Train Member

Jan 23, 2015
    Winnipeg, MB, CA
    Spacing? Is NY like New Brunswick where they require you to actually have a strap every 4 feet?

Oxbow Thanks this.
  11. speedyk

speedyk Road Train Member

Apr 8, 2015
    Okay I'll bite, what's a pretzel wench and turtleneck? Sounds more like something I'd find walking around a parking lot.

Grubby and Oxbow Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.