The Truckers’ Report flatbed Hall of Shame.

Discussion in 'Flatbed Trucking Forum' started by MACK E-6, Dec 11, 2017.

1. RedRover

RedRover Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2016
    Corsicana, TX
    Just get a helmet cam and walk around any west Texas truck stop or fuel island.

Bud A., stwik, Grubby and 3 others Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. RedRover

RedRover Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2016
    Corsicana, TX
    Tbh, in my time at Swift, the only real screwups I saw with the flatbed fleet were done in the yard. They teach proper securement and you don't normally roll out with less securement equipment than you'd need for any load. I think the only major screwup I heard about on the road was when some guys pulled out of a place in New Jersey with containers on a stepdeck, 3 straps and all 3 drivers hit the low bridge on the way out, knocking the containers off the deck. It's like once there's a box back there, they reverted to typical Swift van fleet. The bridge was properly marked with a sign, but the sign was completely hidden from view by overgrown trees. Shouldn't matter though, because the bridge was a full 2 feet below 13'6.

Worst I saw there, on average, was a bad tarp job. Saw them all the time. Also, in Laredo, I pretty regularly saw the Trans Mex, non English speakers roll brand new sprinters and dodge trucks off of the haulers.

Bud A., FerrissWheel and stwik Thank this.
  4. Crude Truckin'

Crude Truckin' Alien Spacecraft

Oct 22, 2016
    North Dakota, Eh?
    Get @scottied67 to do it!

stwik and RedRover Thank this.
  5. Slowpoke KW

Slowpoke KW Road Train Member

Dec 7, 2015
    OK
    This load showed up at my delivery this morning.
    The guy in the pic is a yard hand unhooking the straps. The driver didn't say how he managed to do this or where he did it.... considering we were just outside Ft Worth,TX some crazy four wheelers might have played a part.

I didn't count all of the straps on it but there was 2 on the bottom layer and probably 10-12 on top....how many were there when it shifted? When he first pulled in I went to tell him where to park (I'm a regular) I seen the remains of an OOS sticker on his window that wouldn't roll down more than about 2 inches and found out the door wouldn't open from inside or out.
    IMG_0704.JPG

GeecheeMan, Bud A., Lepton1 and 10 others Thank this.
  6. hagarcobra

hagarcobra Medium Load Member

May 24, 2013
    . Easily one of the most stupid things I have ever read. Is it your contention that the heavier something is the less securement it needs? I hope you are just being sarcastic, if not you have a lot to learn. Load securement is not for "show".

HoneyBadger67 Thanks this.
  7. W900AOwner

W900AOwner Heavy Load Member

Jul 2, 2014
    But most cops with a degree in load securement will merrily inform you that you will be putting corner protectors on anything abrasive that's strapped down, and also will award you for it in writing. Been around them, but I always overkill my securement and get commended for the way I do it. It's not rocket science, it's common sense.

8. BigBob410

BigBob410 Road Train Member

Feb 2, 2016
    Beirut on the Bay, MD.
    IMG_20180326_085410082.jpg Doh!!! It has happened again!! The few straps that he had used were were all cut in half laying on the ground. Not a corner protector in site! He was sitting in the seat eating a sammich when I went by...not the best picture but the best I could do sitting at the light.

Dan.S, TeaCup88, Bud A. and 13 others Thank this.
  9. Tug Toy

Tug Toy Road Train Member

Jul 4, 2015
    Corn field
    Well at least he chained the rack down? Kinda

stwik, cke and BigBob410 Thank this.
  10. W900AOwner

W900AOwner Heavy Load Member

Jul 2, 2014

Yessss sir. That's what we're surrounded by these days unfortunately.

11. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    That looks like it’s down Arundel Mills way somewhere.

BigBob410 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.