The Truckers’ Report flatbed Hall of Shame.

Discussion in 'Flatbed Trucking Forum' started by MACK E-6, Dec 11, 2017.

1. misterG

misterG Road Train Member

Jan 21, 2009
    ask my dispatcher
    20190725_182152.jpg
    Dick had ONE chain holding it to the front of the trailer. NOTHING else holding it on.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. starmac

starmac Road Train Member

Apr 11, 2019
    Fairbanks Ak
    I see nice four wheelers being gathered up out of the highway after hitting one of our frost heeves, with those cheesy 1 inch straps holding it .

jamespmack, misterG and Lepton1 Thank this.
  4. MartinFromBC

MartinFromBC Road Train Member

Oct 19, 2018
    I would like to be a CVSE officer on a day like that. I would stop that guy, impound everything and have it towed away, write him a stack of tickets, revoke his license, and let him explain his actions to a judge on his court date. That recently happened here to a guy who was hauling a John Deere skid steer in a similar manner. I heard he was issued $1,300 plus in fines, his truck, trailer, and skidsteer were impounded, he cannot get them back for a year, so the towing and impound fees will be a whopper if he ever decides to try and get them out of impound, but it will not be him driving it away, but someone he hires, because he has a lifetime license suspension the judge slapped him with. I personally hauled the skidsteer to the towing companies yard on my own lowbed, with 6 chains on it, legally hauled, and the CVSE officer personally helped me chain it down...he said 4 on the machine here at these points, and X chain the bucket with 2 more its a quick detachment bucket so requirements are 2 minimum. A tow truck towed the pickup, and another tow truck towed the equipment trailer. Some people think CVSE is a joke, but they get the last laugh every time if your hauling stuff illegally and get caught. It takes on average 1 minute per chain, which in the average day of a person is nothing. Six chains is only 6 minutes maximum, it is worth it, he is ruined now. Can never drive again, and lost his machine so can't even work, all because he is a lazy jerk who has no regard for the lives of others...so selfish!

jamespmack, misterG, beastr123 and 2 others Thank this.
  5. Lepton1

Lepton1 Road Train Member

Nov 23, 2012
    Yukon, OK
    I came up behind this guy just north of Scofield, UT. Busy morning for him!

He did have a rope on a hoof, but I can't imagine that wet mess going anywhere soon.

Are there specific regulations for securing carcasses? Maybe meat hooks would be in order.
    0806190929_HDR.jpg

jamespmack, D.Tibbitt, misterG and 4 others Thank this.
  6. Mrlanza

Mrlanza Light Load Member

Jul 29, 2018
    Redstone Arsenal, Al
    On beams, you can cut the hooks off of the worn straps that people throw all over the ground and use those.

jamespmack and Nostalgic Thank this.
  7. FoolsErrand

FoolsErrand Road Train Member

Sep 15, 2017
    I like my job so much better after considering carcass removal for 3 seconds.

I use strap tails in a bind but only after i run out of everything else. And it usually only happens to me on yard boulders or slab loads where theres over 20 straps.

With firehose you cut a slit and wrap it over the strap so even if your strap loosens (which happens constantly as palletized flagstone settles) you dont loose the piece. Flat rubber or conveyor padding has a downside of flying away the first time you flutter the strap.

8. LoneCowboy

LoneCowboy Road Train Member

Oct 6, 2009
    Colorado
    Tails are best when you're getting a preload for someone else to take. I'm already losing straps, no way am I losing corners too (all company stuff, but i still have to "reload" it on the truck.

then they don't end up with a million corners they don't have room for either.

Also this could be the best advice ever given on this server: I like my job so much better after considering carcass removal for 3 seconds.

jamespmack, D.Tibbitt and MartinFromBC Thank this.
  9. FoolsErrand

FoolsErrand Road Train Member

Sep 15, 2017
  10. HoneyBadger67

HoneyBadger67 Road Train Member

Dec 15, 2018
    Savannah, TN
    I don't have a problem using straps on steel plate/sheets but I always have my brake chain over the front edge. I'll run it 3-4' under the sheets and then over the top and backwards again, like a folded-in-half X.

11. D.Tibbitt

D.Tibbitt Road Train Member

Apr 26, 2013
    Gettin' down westbound
    Make sure u got the ac vents closed following that guy , #### and we thought bullhaulers smelled bad LOL

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.