The truth about heartland.

Discussion in 'Heartland' started by josainjr, Aug 24, 2012.

1. pete1

pete1 Heavy Load Member

I don't think he's lying. He's running out of a great place for getting home. Ohio and PA are the place to run out of in the NE if you want to be home a lot.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. local driver

local driver Light Load Member

Nov 8, 2010
    SE Michigan
    i dont think this driver could make it anywhere..just by reading his posts it sounds like he would have a rough go wherever he is working..driving or not..im not sticking up for heartland but maybe you could try being a little more possitive. you know the rules in trucking..if you wanna make a decent go at it be positive, NEVER EVER turn down a load no matter where it goes and you should be ok..if that dosnt work then by all means its time to move on. best of luck to you

4. prosteerinwheelholder

prosteerinwheelholder Bobtail Member

Aug 16, 2012
    o'burg,SC
    i got a job offer from heartland i would like 2
    kno about the orientation process what kinda
    drug test they give are they any better then
    arnold & how is the regional runs i been doin
    this for 2yrs started out with schneider & do
    they have e-logs/qualcomm/driver tec thnx in
    advance

5. ChromeDome

ChromeDome Road Train Member

Jun 10, 2007
    Lakeland, FL
    Not sure if they are better than Arnold or not. I have talked to a bunch of their drivers at different times. And the ones that have been there since before they were bought, and are still dispatched by arnold seem to have nothing bad to say.
    They run allot of the same areas that I do, and have allot of contracts in my home area.

Orientation is pretty normal. A couple of days going over company policy. Workwell test, drug screen, really basic driving test. Drug screen is standard pee test I believe.
    We use people net, which is an e-log program. Makes me have to sleep at shippers and receivers allot. But that is the only change I have noticed having it.
    Pay is CPM...That is it....Nothing else... lol
    No detention, no layover unless it is basically all day. And even then the amount they give is a joke. But we do ALLOT of drop and hook.
    Equipment is very new. Cannot say good, since we have allot of max force prostars. And the engine is junk. But it is new and very well maintained.

Pay depends on region. All have different pay scales. I am guessing that maybe you are looking for Northeast or Ohio area, since you are with Arnold. The Northeast region is our highest mileage rate area. Followed by Ohio. But NE is 3 or 4 cpm higher than Ohio. Plus green miles for all miles east of 81 and north of MD. Which is another 4 cpm. I still prefer OH region, since it allows me to be home every weekend.

BubbaTrucker and pick Thank this.
  6. Dukefan1713

Dukefan1713 Bobtail Member

Jan 16, 2013
    I worked for heartland for 4yrs n everything u said is 100% true n thats all I need to say!!!!!!!

7. Tallman67122

Tallman67122 Light Load Member

Apr 2, 2012
    Pine Hill, NJ
    michaeld019,
    Well to think some of us are truck drivers and some of you are steering wheel holders. You, i do believe, are a steering wheel holder. You want everything to come out smelling like roses, yet you do not want to put in the time to do the things required to get the roses to smell like roses. Just to prove a point...Liar is spelled Liar not Lier. Trucking can be difficult but it is what you make of it. I enjoy my trucking. My current company is not the greatest but i do not let it get to me. Sure there is good things and bad things but i take what i can get. If you hate Heartland so much then just go and quit. Go with another company and we will see you on here ######## about that company too.

Love Driveing Thanks this.
  8. Dukefan1713

Jan 16, 2013
    Hey ####### I stayed there for 4yrs getting treated like #### n busted my ### for them so who the hell r u to say if im a wheel holder bec u know wheel holders jump from job to job when things dont go there way n I gave them 4 """"" yrs to treat me better n that included 3 summers of not being able to idle when temp was 74deg n truck felt like it was 90 n I had to sleep in it bec they dont give a #### if ur hot so before u just jump the gun about somebody think about what people had to go through just to make money to feed there kids bec I know heartland well n they dont care about drivers

9. Tallman67122

Tallman67122 Light Load Member

Apr 2, 2012
    Pine Hill, NJ
    Who is the fool then to stay 4 years if you were not happy? You have a CDL so you have a say in what company you work for. The three letter word CDL gives us such unlimited oppurtunity out in this job market. Lets us choose who we want to work for. Since there is a driver shortage out there i know i can go where i want to and work towards my goal of being an independent some day.

10. truckintime

truckintime Light Load Member

LOL @ TALLMAN67122 "CDL gives us such unlimited oppurtunity out in this job market" I JUST LAUGHED MY HEAD OFF HOW LONG U BEEN OUT HERE

on second thought i think i just got trolled.... you trollin?

BubbaTrucker Thanks this.
  11. Dukefan1713

Jan 16, 2013
    Why change jobs everytime u dont like a company bec I got news for ya they are all the same n I dont want 5 jobs on my dac report in a year bec the good company u do find are not gonna hire u bec u dont hold a job for long so im not a seat jumper when the going gets tuff

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.