The very best owner operator carrier, 90% pay!

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by freightwipper, Jan 13, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jsnell

jsnell Light Load Member

Apr 12, 2016
    There are 0/0s running a business and making money that don't even have a GED. Its not rocket science. Learn the lanes that are profitable for you and you will be ok

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. CaptainDaveG

CaptainDaveG Road Train Member

Jul 31, 2014
    Fremont Wi
    I can’t turn a wrench to save my life. But I’m happy to tell you the noise it’s making take a picture of what’s going on heck I will even taste the fluid spilling out if needed.

But I am an expert at knowing my costs and being a logistical standout when it comes to data the load board etc. we all have are good points we all have our weaknesses. You will be fine.

Be Safe Out There

Captain Dave

4. kindastupid

kindastupid Light Load Member

Aug 30, 2018
    It sure could help if you can turn a wrench some I guess but not necessary at all. The "equivalent of a 2 year degree in business management" certainly isn't necessary. I've known guys who literally didn't finish Junior High & did very well owning trucks. I'd say the most important is money management and you don't need schooling for that, just common sense which sounds like you already have more of than most owner operators if you're able to pay cash for a truck. I see mentioned a lot on various forums that "without a business plan you're doomed." A good business plan comes down to 3 thing & doesn't require much planning... 1. Save. 2. Save. 3. Save.

LateNightCable and drvrtech77 Thank this.
  5. spyder7723

spyder7723 Road Train Member

Mar 31, 2013
    sarasota, fl
    It isnt about the degree. That's why i used the word equivalent. Its about learning business skills, be it through hands on experience or in a classroom. The typical company driver gets no hands on experience on the business side, only the driving side. Driving is the easy part.

taodnt, jsnell and gentleroger Thank this.
  6. insanityeight

insanityeight Light Load Member

Jul 26, 2013
    birmingham al
    Im considering mag carriers. Are you still there? Is there a lot of hidden bs fees. And do u get your money without bs.

7. McMahons Trucking

McMahons Trucking Light Load Member

Jul 4, 2018
    I agree. Problem is you will have company "X" do it for free for 6 hours and you be there with your you know what in your hand. If truckers came together for the good it'd be a lot better.

8. kindastupid

kindastupid Light Load Member

Aug 30, 2018
    Just spoke to Mag Carrier. Not taking any new owner operators until January

LexMak and SingingWolf Thank this.
  9. 401-Alex

401-Alex Light Load Member

Nov 25, 2013
    D
    Didn't you get your own authority? I could of sworn I saw a post before

10. Hagins07

Hagins07 Bobtail Member

Apr 5, 2017
    What company do you drive for?

11. Bumper

Bumper Road Train Member

Feb 8, 2008
    Kingsport, Tennessee
    Any update on FW?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.