The very best owner operator carrier, 90% pay!

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by freightwipper, Jan 13, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bassfisher

bassfisher Bobtail Member

May 10, 2013
    Scottsboro,Al
    That's what I was thinking also. I stayed in that area for 4 months (we was closing a pair mill down) all except about 3 days when I came back to bama to have a new clutch put in. I live about 2¹/² hours away from Birmingham al. Another thing about what I'm doing now is that it is forced dispatch and if I leave off of a run I'm liable to lose my spot to another driver then I'm just stuck at the house until a spot opens up or another run starts. In other words, I can't run when I want to, I just run when I can or am needed. I'm really looking for flexibility also. I have thought about reefer, I've heard that receivers like to use your trailer as storage a lot with reefer tho. Is that true?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. RStewart

RStewart Road Train Member

Aug 21, 2015
    Norman, OK
    Birmingham isn't a bad area for van but it isn't good either. Reefer might be ok down that way. I haven't looked yet. As far as receivers taking forever to unload, maybe at some places but that's not the norm.

The only reason I'm still doing this is because of the freedom to run when I want, where I want.

chimbotano and dwells40 Thank this.
  4. Trevorab2

Trevorab2 Bobtail Member

Aug 27, 2016
    My insurance for my first year authority was is only about 600 one truck trailer and driver....can add as many drivers as I want right out of the gate insurance goes up.per driver......depends on the driver......

5. 401-Alex

401-Alex Light Load Member

Nov 25, 2013
    600. You miss a zero or 2 I started early in 2018 and 14k by a company called lances 25k cash with progressive. With an owned tractor and financed trailer. Each added driver is extortion increase in police price increase. Im in RI. I don't run up here I run Midwest south east and sometimes north east coming home

Lonesome Thanks this.
  6. Hegemeister

Hegemeister Road Train Member

Jun 16, 2012
    Mechanicsburg, PA
    He means 600 a day.

Lonesome Thanks this.
  7. Lonesome

Lonesome Mr. Sarcasm

Dec 15, 2007
    Northern Indiana
    Maybe it was 1980.

Hegemeister Thanks this.
  8. Trevorab2

Trevorab2 Bobtail Member

Aug 27, 2016
  9. Trevorab2

Trevorab2 Bobtail Member

Aug 27, 2016
    I had my d.o.t. number already for 10 years because I ran an in state truck prior... added my mc number to it and that's where it all landed at with a clean record..... my buddy also has a clean record and they quoted him insanely high.... all I can figure is that it is due to the length of time I've had an active dot number.....

RStewart Thanks this.
  10. Jatlyons

Jatlyons Light Load Member

Dec 7, 2017
    Still a great price. To run local with logs my total quote was around 13k a year with only 25k on the truck.

Otr the quote was around 30+ a year as a single truck. My record is perfect, albeit short at just now 5 years.

I've paid between 4 and 8 a year depending on the company I drove for with them covering cargo

11. Trevorab2

Trevorab2 Bobtail Member

Aug 27, 2016
    Im not complaining.....lol

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.