The white knights of the road

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by JIMROY, Mar 11, 2013.

1. JIMROY

JIMROY Medium Load Member

Feb 15, 2013
    ESCONDIDO CALIFORNIA
    each and every one of you that havent joined go to misc. Trucking threads and click on truckers image and join the rest of us. We will make change happen.... To those who have joined , you just proved to the world how really awesome you really are..... GO TO YOUR PROFILE AND JOIN THE GROUP

WHITE KNIGHTS OF THE ROAD

Dios te bendiga= god bless you

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. JIMROY

Feb 15, 2013
    ESCONDIDO CALIFORNIA

call it as you see it, i was raised knowing the drivers as the white knights of the road. Nothing to do with racisim , just that the good guys wore white hats. Those drivers that rescued my mom and us , six kids were our heros...

4. Saddletramp1200

Saddletramp1200 Road Train Member

Sep 4, 2011
    Houston Texas,USA
    I'm a Trucker, I'm the one you cuss at because I'm going to slow. The first one that stops when your 4 wheeler is upside down in the snow. I make sure you have everything you need, often going without. I don't mind, I'm a TRUCKER, I'm the caring kind. Your fed, and warm, I'm still a long way from home. Sometime I will go home, and hug My kids, they hug me tight, They call me the best Dad in the world, I think that's all right. Saddletramp.

5. d o g

d o g Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Sep 20, 2010
    Texas
    Sometimes, all that a driver needs is just a little bit of help to save an expensive road service call and to get back on the road faster. Saving that money might not be important to company drivers, but it makes a lot of difference to the O/O's.

It can be something as unpredictable as a driver getting some bad fuel, already used up his spare filters and is on the side of the road again. You might have a spare, why not stop and help him/her? Fuel filters, fuses, air line repairs - there's a lot of little things that drivers can do to help each other get rolling quicker and cheaper without having to call road service.

It's him on the side of the road this time, but the next time it might be you.

JIMROY, Hitman, Bumpy and 2 others Thank this.
  6. Tonythetruckerdude

Tonythetruckerdude Crusty Deer Slayer

Dec 8, 2012
    hunting...../ retired
    Originally Posted by AZS [​IMG] everyone has cell phones these days, they don't need my help...

Theres always gonna be the time you're cell phone don't have service or that battery is dead...and the time that the roll of duct tape is down to the cardboard , or that set of hex-nut drivers and heads is in your pick-up a 1,000 miles away. AZS, remember that on a dark night when a perfect stranger helps you out.......IT WILL HAPPEN....

7. JIMROY

Feb 15, 2013
    ESCONDIDO CALIFORNIA
    excellent post , dog... I have been the recipent of a spare fuel filter myself , up on donner if my memory serves me. After that i carried a case of fuel filters in the side box and gave more than a dozen away, to pay my debt to the driver who helped me....

It don't hurt to carry a fuel jug with some gas in it , to help that motorist who ran out also.... That little bit of free gas and an encouraging word aint gonna break any of us, and it goes along way toward pr and our image as the public sees us.... You help someone and a dollar buys you a doughnut they are gonna be telling their friends about how that wonderful truck driver pulled off and gave assistance to them..

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2013
  8. Tonythetruckerdude

Tonythetruckerdude Crusty Deer Slayer

Dec 8, 2012
    hunting...../ retired
    Yep, chances are they will use you as an example to their kids or their grand-kids..as to what doing the right thing means.....stuff like that can last a lifetime...or 2 or 3 or.......

Hitman, JIMROY, sdaniel and 2 others Thank this.
  9. razor ripper

razor ripper Light Load Member

Dec 5, 2012
    Fargo, ND
    How do we join the White Knights?

10. sdaniel

sdaniel Road Train Member

Sep 7, 2011
    Pelham N.C.

From your profile page. There on the left down, below the friends , there is a area for Social groups. It will have a link , join groups hit it . Then look up the White Knight group. Hope you join , need as many people trying to make a difference !

JIMROY Thanks this.
  11. TruckDuo

TruckDuo Road Train Member

Oct 21, 2012
    Chicago, IL
    My wife and I just joined

sdaniel Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.