The worst receiver EVER

Discussion in 'Shippers & Receivers - Good or Bad' started by Kings, Feb 20, 2018.

1. easytopleez33

easytopleez33 Light Load Member

Jan 6, 2015
    Read in one of these forums, you stayed in Billings last evening.
    It was -20 this morning when I left to head east. Just made it into Mitchel, SD. Snowpacked and Icey.
    Hope you made out OK, heading west.

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Badmon

Badmon Heavy Load Member

Oct 6, 2014
    Deep south
    I honestly don't know, but would you not bump the dock and immediately log sleeper berth off-duty if you're not actually unloading the truck yourself?? I mean would that not save your HOS i don't get how we can lose time sitting at a receiver or shipper makes no sense never understood this...

4. Antinomian

Antinomian Road Train Member

Feb 17, 2013
    I've done that. I tossed a half dozen sheets of plywood out of the trailer right under the dock door once. So I know they had to come out and clean it up before they could unload another trailer. Hopefully they got the message.

DSK333, jammer910Z and x1Heavy Thank this.
  5. Travisroland

Travisroland Light Load Member

Apr 2, 2015
    How do you not understand that losing 4 to 6 hours of your available 14 hour work day is a loss of productivity.Cooling your heels in the bunk don’t pay the bills

Tb0n3, hagarcobra, DSK333 and 4 others Thank this.
  6. Antinomian

Antinomian Road Train Member

Feb 17, 2013
    Don't take this the wrong way, but are you a truck driver?

7. Gearjammin' Penguin

Gearjammin' Penguin "Ride Fast-Truck Safe"

Feb 18, 2007
    Central AZ
    OK, I think every doorslammer on Earth wants to know who this company is!! Tell us, and you'll have a waiting list measurable in terabytes.

8. Rubber duck kw

Rubber duck kw Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2017
    I've never done van or reefer but why wouldn't you log sleeper berth even if you do have to unload it yourself DOT ain't gonna know the difference

Paddlewagon, Badmon and x1Heavy Thank this.
  9. Badmon

Badmon Heavy Load Member

Oct 6, 2014
    Deep south
    You guys obviously misunderstood. I am not a driver but do have a class A CDL. I will be heading to training soon. My post was also a question in a way. What I am saying is instead of sitting there like a............. instead of just sitting there at the dock not driving, not unloading/loading, not doing anything, LOG SLEEPER-BERTH/OFF DUTY. I'm not sure if I can make my point any more clear. Again I am not a driver I am just asking it seems like a completely logical way to save those precious HOS everyone keeps crying about

Last edited: Feb 21, 2018
  10. Travisroland

Travisroland Light Load Member

Apr 2, 2015
    When you start the day you have 14 hours to make money that day.Most drivers don’t get payed if the wheels aren’t turning. Showing off duty/bunk time doesn’t stop the 14hr clock and you probably aren’t getting payed for that down time.So you take a 10hr break at the Truckshop.Do the pretrip and drive 30min to the shipper.So now you sit there for 4hrs getting loaded. You can show that 4hrs in the bunk but that will not stop that 14hr clock for dwindling down towards 0.And it may look weird that you just came off a 10hr break and your going back on break for 4hrs.The only advantage to show off duty would be to save your total of 70hrs for the week.Which I never find necessary to do. But if you don’t burn that 70hrs up before the end of the week your not a good candidate for home time because you got hours to run through the weekend.I leave out on Sun and return home on Fri.And I don’t have to conserve my 70 Clock to do it.Who needs to work more than 70 hours a week to make a living.

11. true blue

true blue Medium Load Member

Jul 13, 2011
    Harrisburg, NC
    I will never haul recycle in my van, but where are they located anyway. You didn't say.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.