The WORST Shippers and Receivers - Truckers WILL NOT Buy Their Products!

Discussion in 'Shippers & Receivers - Good or Bad' started by WiseOne, Dec 16, 2006.

1. izifaddag

izifaddag Medium Load Member

Apr 26, 2010
    South Coast Baking, Springdale, AR
    Arrived 8:18am finally got a door at 5:30pm.
    Unloaded me quickly and the paperwork was right there but that was the first and the last time I will go there.
    I also never accept CVS or HEB loads. Both are nightmares.

G13Tomcat Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. ChicagoJohn

ChicagoJohn Road Train Member

Jan 14, 2016
    Chicago
    This is a tough one....... @Bean Jr. could try Dana in summit, I've seen them running asphalt, but the season is going to end in another month. Unless there's a valid reason against, I would get the hazmat endorsement and go fill tanker. He might be able to find a food grade company, but even they haul hazmat loads.

Bean Jr. and G13Tomcat Thank this.
  4. G13Tomcat

G13Tomcat Road Train Member

Jun 7, 2011
    Ohio
    Well said. I may get lucky on some Haz loads this winter in the tank as well; instead of having to pull decks, myself.

ChicagoJohn Thanks this.
  5. mitrucker

mitrucker Road Train Member

Dec 15, 2010
    Lapeer, MI
    Dial in Edwardsville, IL. Arrived 0640 for a 0830 appt. Turned away and told to return at 0745. Returned at that time. In a door by 0800 and told this was a pick and load order. Why was I turned away in the first place then? Left this facility at 1130 with my 44,400 load.

izifaddag and G13Tomcat Thank this.
  6. Bean Jr.

Bean Jr. Road Train Member

Mar 30, 2014
    No problem getting hazmat besides the hassle, and that I can't read a page of the manual without falling asleep!

G13Tomcat Thanks this.
  7. ChicagoJohn

ChicagoJohn Road Train Member

Jan 14, 2016
    Chicago
    Study the practice questions. Most of the trick questions are about explosives. Also make a memory acronym too remember the bol hazmat order, that one got me. If you do get the hazmat, I'm sure we can find your a good company around Chicago.

Bean Jr. and G13Tomcat Thank this.
  8. prosidius

prosidius Light Load Member

Jul 15, 2016
    Wisconsin
    I don't think I've ever had a good experience at a C&S warehouse. The one in York PA kept me for over 8 hours, Miami was long and this one in Brattleboro VT also pretty bad.

Brattleboro has overnight parking and they gave me a door before my appointment which was nice. The docks for frozen receiving are very tight. Made for straight trucks or 48' trailers. Spent a good 20 min getting it in the door. Unload was 4ish hours, bit on the long side. The worst part was they rejected 3 pallets due to damage. I looked at the rejected cases, maybe 3 cases were damaged, not 24...A charity in Springfield MA just became very happy today. Oh and they left a hot mess in my trailer. I think they were playing bumper fork lifts in my trailer.

9. stayinback

stayinback Road Train Member

Jan 24, 2014
    chicago,il
    Worst Shipper or receiver huh???

Hmmm..........

None these days- But When I Pulled a Van many moons ago- I'd say Thomas Sysco in Cincinnati,Oh or Super Foods in Xenia,Oh

I remember Clearly because Super foods wanted me to put those littlle cans of Cat Food (Whiskas) on smaller pallets than what I came in with- I Gave them a very hard time and they rejected the shipment and Ibrought it to a Dry Crossdock in Cincy.

Thomas Sysco-made me unload too- Asked me to Leave If I wouldn't do it I Didn't- I Obliged- Security would NOT let me Leave with product- after 2 hours of getting everyone Involved- THEY unloaded it.

x1Heavy and izifaddag Thank this.
  10. prosidius

prosidius Light Load Member

Jul 15, 2016
    Wisconsin
    McLane Danville Illinois
    Got here at 4pm for a 5pm appointment. Got a door quickly but was sitting at a green light for an hour before I went inside and asked when they'll start unloading me. Immediately, the lumper boss went to my door and I think he unloaded me himself. Then I got to sit for 3 hours waiting for them to count and breakdown the pallets. The lumper service and McLane gave no help when I asked if they were almost done. "Just wait for the green light." I had a 5am appt and had to drive there @ 1am the next morning and I wanted to sleep a bit but you cant sleep when you have to stare at the dock light for hours.

I think all McLanes are terrible.

mjd4277 and x1Heavy Thank this.
  11. shogun

shogun Road Train Member

Jan 23, 2009
    Doing a regen
    Frito-Lay/Aaron Thomas in Memphis

Friday I had one pallet that was on the tail end of the trailer, all they had to do was open the roll up door and take it off. Still took 45 mins.

Today they got Two double stacked pallets. It took 50 mins, and they tried to unload my next two stops until I caught them and told them to put it back on. Not the sharpest people.

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.