The WORST Shippers and Receivers - Truckers WILL NOT Buy Their Products!

Discussion in 'Shippers & Receivers - Good or Bad' started by WiseOne, Dec 16, 2006.

1. Finfn1372

Finfn1372 Road Train Member

Aug 7, 2014
    Greenville,NC
    Abboud Trading Northwest 92nd Terrace Medley,Fl.

7hrs in a door,with only one other truck there.

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. prosidius

prosidius Light Load Member

Jul 15, 2016
    Wisconsin
    Fairlife in Coopersville Michigan

Got there at 4 pm. Got a door at 8 pm. At 9 pm while just about loaded, they tell me they ran out of product, won't be getting anymore for a week and won't ship it as a partial load. Also said another 7 trucks are affected. Load was effectively canceled.

x1Heavy and RustyChops41 Thank this.
  4. murat

murat Light Load Member

Jul 21, 2009
    nebraska
    I think it should be in the contract for mandatory fine after two hours ,and none of this fcfs BS which never includes the everyday customers . I just read an article addressed to shippers and receivers that they are relieved that the transportation Dept will not be trying to expand it's authority in the detention time rules .

x1Heavy and RustyChops41 Thank this.
  5. RustyChops41

RustyChops41 Light Load Member

Apr 25, 2016
    Clovis, CA
    Meijer in Tipp City OH. Staging lot overflowing with trucks despite everyone having an "appointment." As I write this, over 8 hours in the door to unload, the first three hours spent with not one sound/bump from the trailer. And a nice healthy 1/2 mile walk around two warehouses to the receiving office from the door. Thanks to this delay, I won't be home for Thanksgiving weekend, as planned. Total incompetence, exemplified.

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  6. Bean Jr.

Bean Jr. Road Train Member

Mar 30, 2014
    I wouldn't know how bad they are. I did drop and hook. You drop the load at a spot in the yard, and then hunt for an empty. I was in and out in less than 1 hour.

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  7. buzzarddriver

buzzarddriver Road Train Member

Feb 1, 2011
    Dallas, TX
    Sounds more like "Drop and Hope".

8. NightWind

NightWind Road Train Member

Nov 11, 2006
    Sunny South, AL
    :wav:Thank you for reminding me why I got banned from Food World, Ocean Spray, Atlanta Farmers Market among the ones I recall. I'm so happy I don't have to deal with those issues any more. God bless you drivers that do.

x1Heavy, nightgunner, Grubby and 3 others Thank this.
  9. izifaddag

izifaddag Medium Load Member

Apr 26, 2010
    I banned myself.
    I mostly don't do grocery warehouses. Every now and then I catch one but mostly I do industrial. For example I have specialty pallets onboard right now.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2017
    x1Heavy and 48Packard Thank this.
  10. murat

murat Light Load Member

Jul 21, 2009
    nebraska
    Trucking needs to take a page from the rail industry.
    I was at a cement plant doing transfers from the plant to a storage facility,they have a rail facilities at both ends about two hundred miles apart.I asked them why they don't use the rail more? he told me if they have a rail car full of product sitting on the plant that they get charged $900.00 per day untill they call them and tell the railroad it's unloaded come and get it.

mjd4277, x1Heavy and NightWind Thank this.
  11. RustyChops41

RustyChops41 Light Load Member

Apr 25, 2016
    Clovis, CA
    Today, 12-4-2017, so far over 7 hours in the door at SYSCO in Louisville KY. Nothing for about 2 hours, then the old "one pallet off about every 15 minutes" for two hours, great during sleep, and now waiting over 3 hours for paperwork. Maybe they are counting each strawberry.

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.