The WORST Shippers and Receivers - Truckers WILL NOT Buy Their Products!

Discussion in 'Shippers & Receivers - Good or Bad' started by WiseOne, Dec 16, 2006.

1. Mic

Mic Road Train Member

Jun 8, 2011
    Sheldon,IA
    kraft in Granite city IL...had an 8 am appointment for live load...showed up a skosh early (15 min) told what door to go to and sat...right now I am going on 5 hours of load time....delivery time is 0300 on the 21st 5 1/5 hours away...but the 14 hour clock is killing me right now...oh and no overnight parking...

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. BigSexy33

BigSexy33 Bobtail Member

Nov 29, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    hell everyone will tell you the worst ship/rec, PAID is WALMART!!!!!!!! they love getting thier freight moved for free!

4. worldtrvlr

worldtrvlr Medium Load Member

Nov 29, 2011
    Hope Hull, Alabama
    You left us in suspense??? Was the gate open or closed?

5. bowman316

bowman316 Medium Load Member

Dec 3, 2010
    aberdeen, md
    i was at this neslte place somewhere around Norfolk, VA. And I went inside the fenced off compound late at night, when no one was there. And I was just walking around the yard, seeing if anyone was around. And i remember i was getting very close to this fence that surrounded the place.

and a few minutes later i realized the fence had 10,000 volts running thru it! It had these wires running around the inside of the fence, and they would have electricuted you if you touched them.

They had a little yellow sign saying that near the gate. But it was in no way a sign that would grab your attention. I almost touch the #### thing!

6. worldtrvlr

worldtrvlr Medium Load Member

Nov 29, 2011
    Hope Hull, Alabama
    Cooper Tire- The dook foreman told me "you work for me when you back in".

I had to unload a 53 ft trailer full of tires-top to bottom, and he makes you sort them by size, stretch wrap them, put them on his dock, and take breaks when his men do. Well, after about 2 hours in mid-July it was about 110 degress in that trailer, and I was black from tire dust head to foot, and went to the break room for a coffee. He came busting in the door and asked me what I thought I was doing. I said taking a break, and he came back with "you take breaks when we take breaks" I need that door space". I had had enough and told him that I don't work for Cooper Tire, I work for my trucking company. He was so ****** hot he slammed the door and left. Well, I was not going to pay a lumper out of my pocket, so I continued to unload- mis-matching every skid of tires from 8 Am to 6PM when I finally finished. During that time he sent his forklift drivers over to yell at me to hurry-ha ha ha that made me go out to my truck and sit for 5 minutes each time. Finally, my dispatcher send me a message asking what was taking so long. I told her since that company will only pay 45 to unload and I told you the lumpers wand $85, I am not going to pay to unload your freight. She said you have to pick up a load and be in Tifton Ga. at 10 AM tomorrow. I slep the whole night at the local truck stop.
    Who do these people at Cooper think they are? When they retrieved those skids they the were probably so p****d to the max at me. Ha ha ha

7. kajidono

kajidono Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2009
    Streetrat
    I wouldn't even have started unloading it. They don't want it, I'll take it home with me.

losttrucker and mgt1085 Thank this.
  8. Okieron

Okieron Crusty Okie

Dec 23, 2009
    muskogee, ok
    Yep you don't unload obviously you don't need it! I'll find someone who does.

9. Rattlebunny

Rattlebunny Medium Load Member

Oct 20, 2009
    Elkton, VA
    I would have made the guy an offer. Something like, "Ok, well if your hiring me as an independent contractor ... my rate is $1500 per pallet. That's the deal or I'm not touching it."

Sounds like a meat warehouse I went to in Boston. They told me that I was to unload a 40,000 lb floor load by myself. Palletize and all that jack. :biggrin_25512:

I said, "This is very simple. I drive, you unload if you want the product. If not I'm sure someone does.":biggrin_25525:

He started to argue but I cut him off with, "Look, what part of I ain't no lumper do you not understand?":biggrin_2552:

The company I was working for didn't want us to unload those loads and as an incentive they would only pay us $10 to unload the trailers ... not really worth the effort. :biggrin_2554:

Twenty minutes later the same dude was back after unloading the truck with a skid lift ... or what ever that thing is they scoop up floor loads with. :biggrin_255:

I can't remember the name of the place ... or I'd add it to this list.:biggrin_25525:

10. lostNfound

lostNfound Road Train Member

Jun 28, 2007
    Home of the Stampede
    And you fell for that? :biggrin_2554:

11. 7122894003481

7122894003481 Bobtail Member

Sep 6, 2011
    Some of you guys are nuts. I dont work for free. I dont work for Cooper Tire or Walmart or any other consignee. If I was an OTR driver, there is no way I would even touch that freight unless I was being paid to do it by my company.

Im a local driver and I do have to unload and sort and segregate alot of my freight, but Im paid a good hourly wage so I dont mind it. Grocery warehouses are the absolute worst.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.