The WORST Shippers and Receivers - Truckers WILL NOT Buy Their Products!

Discussion in 'Shippers & Receivers - Good or Bad' started by WiseOne, Dec 16, 2006.

1. Mic

Mic Road Train Member

Jun 8, 2011
    Sheldon,IA
    I won't touch freight in any way, shape or form...luckily my company pays lumpers.....they pay us to unload if we want to...but why would I want to do that?? If I wanted to unload trailers I would work in a warehouse lol..

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. freebirdrfd

freebirdrfd Light Load Member

Oct 8, 2011
    Raynham Ma
    Are you telling me that there are truck driver who unload the recievers freight for free? WOW there is a sucker born every day.

4. Mic

Mic Road Train Member

Jun 8, 2011
    Sheldon,IA
    I guess...and you are right there are suckers out there...but me I only work for a paycheck....and never for free...

5. Okieron

Okieron Crusty Okie

Dec 23, 2009
    muskogee, ok
    Even Swift doesn't want you to unload freight ! why would anybody do that?

6. dschell001

dschell001 Bobtail Member

Dec 12, 2011
    Bettsville, OH
    Ripping off someone in court is actually a felony. It is called perjury. If anyone finds out, you can go to prison.

7. dschell001

dschell001 Bobtail Member

Dec 12, 2011
    Bettsville, OH
    I sat at the place in Big Island, VA too. I arrived at 8am. Left at midnight that night, empty, and deadheaded all the way to Northwest Ohio. I had to be to court at noon to finalize a divorce. I sent a message to dispatch that I was leaving at midnight if I wasn't loaded, because I wasn't losing everything by default because I didn't show up. When I left, I sent a message to dispatch on the Qualcomm and I didn't hear anything else from my dispatcher until I called three days later to let them know I was ready to dispatch from home time.

8. bowman316

bowman316 Medium Load Member

Dec 3, 2010
    aberdeen, md
    big island, VA. I think that is where i was headed to when i got a $350 ticket for taking the wrong road. I was on US-511, and no trucks over 65 ft were allowed.

I think it was a paper mill i was headed to.

Hell, the road was called an expressway, so to me that means truck route. I guess not in VA.

9. worldtrvlr

worldtrvlr Medium Load Member

Nov 29, 2011
    Hope Hull, Alabama
    [Cooper TIRE]
    No, I didn't fall for being his employee. I would never unload for free, but this time I wanted to show my company that I was not going to pay an extra $40 to get those tires off. Really that Cooper Tire dock foreman did not scare me-I just tied up his dock all day to as best I could.

I also had to unload TVs in New Jersey that was another story. I kept dropping them from the 4th layer and '******crash crash. I must have busted the screens on 40 of the 200 TVs. I dont remember the name, of this place but was in Bloomsburg NJ. Total ***holes that make you put their order on the skid and set in on their dock. So, 1 TV on this skid, and then 8 on this one, and then 2 on this one and so on. I wish I could have been there again when they went to ship all those busted TVs out to the stores.

No, nowdays, I won't work for a company that unloads, does Northeast, or wont let you idle your truck-****em! I have the attitude like some of you others, take the freight off or I leave.

10. freebirdrfd

freebirdrfd Light Load Member

Oct 8, 2011
    Raynham Ma
    All it takes is for one driver to get hurt on the laoding dock and sue the company. See how quick things will change.

11. Mic

Mic Road Train Member

Jun 8, 2011
    Sheldon,IA
    I flipping hate the North East...##### tight roads and little docks... Just did a Multi drop of HON furniture in CT....I hate HON loads...always floor loaded multi drop and always going somewhere that OTR trucks don't belong...plus all the flipping sand they put in the trailer to slide boxes....the only nice thing is that the load is always light...slide tandems for state legal length and GO...

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.