The WORST Shippers and Receivers - Truckers WILL NOT Buy Their Products!

Discussion in 'Shippers & Receivers - Good or Bad' started by WiseOne, Dec 16, 2006.

1. kajidono

kajidono Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2009
    Streetrat
    Heh, they probably didn't even notice or care if they did.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. ladywrongway03

ladywrongway03 Heavy Load Member

Aug 28, 2008
    trotwood oh
    safeway in tracy ca.was told repeatly dont be late.it was my second stop.got there on time and didnt leave til 6 hrs later

4. SmoothShifter

SmoothShifter Defender of the Driveline

Sep 10, 2010
    Feura Bush, NY
    Are you locked into a lease/purchase with CR? If so, this is one of the big problems I see with these "programs", because they have you by the short hairs in situations like this.

You're getting screwed, and not even a kiss first. :biggrin_2556:

Time is money. I suppose the best thing you can do, is say that you will not be hauling any more loads to the fine folks at Kroger.

Can you say that and keep your truck?

Don't quite follow the logic here, but if I go out to the truck to sleep, and don't feel it bouncing around a half an hour later, even though it sucks to trudge back in, I would have been asking questions by 8AM. You must have been dead tired.

Like I said a little earlier. If a receiver is next to impossible, or makes trucks wait for 24 hours unnecessarily, it's time to vote with your feet and stop going there.

And then it's time to write the parent company a professional, and courteous letter stating your issues. And it's time to let your boss that you are a professional, acted like one, and got treated like dirt and you are not going to tolerate it anymore.

If every driver conducted themselves accordingly, and stood for what is right beginning tomorrow, a lot of problem warehouses/receivers would be sitting around playing cards with empty docks.

What happens is drivers try to escalate their concerns up the correct chain of command, and nothing is done about it. Dispatchers will lie to drivers instead of having their backs, or someone up the chain of command is so worried about losing that freight, nothing is done about it.

And the driver takes it right up the keester, once again.

Lady K Thanks this.
  5. ladywrongway03

ladywrongway03 Heavy Load Member

Aug 28, 2008
    trotwood oh
    If at walmart always write on sign in sheet gate time arrival and let them know that your company is very aggresive about getting detention pay.tehy try to delay you checking in at the window so they can mark you late but if you verify gate time they move alot quicker

6. Lady K

Lady K Road Train Member

Actually as a 'company' driver unless it's an HOS issue you're not to turn down loads, but as a L/O we are our own company and 'can' say no... However, you really have to be careful doing that because as with every business you have to take care of the customer too... And our customer base includes our DM and Central... This IS one of those cases though that we will say NO we are not going back there!! It just would not make good financial sense for us too. It will be only the second place we have put on that list (not bad for one year running).

7. worldtrvlr

worldtrvlr Medium Load Member

Nov 29, 2011
    Hope Hull, Alabama
    Well, that happened to me once n Florida-said they would take it the next day. I told them you take it today or you don't take it at all-period. They sent me to another warehouse and it was off in an hour. The problem is two-fold, warehouse managment, and truckers who put up with it. Honestly, if I was in that situation, I would call dispatch and inform them, then if you have to wait, get a detention check from your company before they unload, then no hassle about detention pay. Or I would simply call dispatch and ask where they want the load dropped. Why do you put up with it? Afraid of loosing your job, or if your an owner operator, what's the big deal, there are many companies looking for owner ops. I simply cannot sympathize with this lady who only complains about the warehouse. She and her husband should just say-so long, you obviously don't need your freight.

8. worldtrvlr

worldtrvlr Medium Load Member

Nov 29, 2011
    Hope Hull, Alabama
    Never will I haul for Kraft again or buy their products. Besides, fresh chicken is better anyway!!![/QUOTE]

Same Same! They dirty b******* told me there is the manual handjack. Put it in the warehouse, ok no problem (just to get the h*** out of there. Then the dockforeman says 'No N0, you have to take it to the back of the warehouse and line it next to the wall-(about 200 ft back). Well, I left the jack sit right there and asked him to sign for what I took off. He refused, so I unchocked, started the truck and began to pull out to the gate. Well the guard stopped me, and I sat right there blocking the drive until they came out and decided to unload it. I don't put up with any S*** from any shipper or receive-I just call dispatch and tell them I am leaving. There are too many companies looking for drivers if your company wont put their foot down for you-period!

sgt slaughter and freebirdrfd Thank this.
  9. uglyvegas

uglyvegas Light Load Member

Oct 5, 2011
    las vegas, nv
    I do many bud loads, but not to many at the plant in FT Collins. The first time I went there the "drop and hook" load was 6 hrs late getting loaded. Chalked it up to !@#$ happens. Just went there again, 2am load time, again was supposed to be a drop and hook load, the load was finally loaded 11 hours late! Then went to check out and there was a long line of trucks trying to get out. After an hour finally got to the scale and scaled out just fine. The guard then informed me that I would have to go back in, drop the trlr and get a bobtail weight!?! I didn't have to do this last time and why didn't they tell me this when I checked in? He refuses to let me go without doing this, long story short, it took me four and a half HOURS to check out. Obviously nobody was told this cause there was a long line of bob units getting scaled with some very pissed off drivers. I actually felt sorry for the guard, he was just following orders and was catching a ton of flack for doing it. Told disp don't ever send me back there!!!!

10. U2Exit

U2Exit Road Train Member

Feb 22, 2008
    WA and VA
    Sucks about the wait, but I've had to get a bobtail weight for EVERY drop and hook load at Anheiser-Busch.
    I expect it.

That's about 12 times in the last 4 years.

11. bigcat1124

bigcat1124 Heavy Load Member

Nov 15, 2010
    Tampa, FL
    Not sure if this place had made the list, but Walgreens in Mt. Vernon makes my top 10. They tell you when you get there that you will be here at least 10 hrs. Sorry, I have held 3 shipping coordinator jobs in the past, and for no reason should it take 10+ hrs to unload 15 pallets. They won't even talk to you about it.

Just like with all of these places listed on the blog, the companies need to stand up and say, no more. These places get away with it because they are allowed to. My father just laughs at this stupid stuff. He was a coal miner in Southern IL. If the company ever tired to pull stupid stuff like this, they would shut down and say, no. That's all it takes, people saying no. Time to start doing it.

I get tired of hearing drivers saying, that's the way it is. Deal with it, or move on. That type of attitude is one of the big reasons things are like they are. Drivers, learn to stand up for yourself and your job. Drivers sound like puppets for this industry talking like that. Time to wake up!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.