The Worst Trucking Company In The Industry

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by Burky, Jun 19, 2005.

1. firstcav

firstcav Medium Load Member

Sep 5, 2006
    ""
    Puerto Rico isn't a foreign country. It's a United States unicorporated territory. They have the same rights and quarantees under Constitution as any American. Just thought I would clear that up.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. buck and a half

buck and a half Mr. Miles & Miles with Many Smiles

Aug 11, 2006
    madison,me
    If you have something to say about a good company or bads company,will you please tell that name to all of us so we can have our say on that matter. I don't see the point of blanket statements without any teeth or info in them. Reminds me of the democrats all about criticism,but no real plans,except to quit when the going gets tough,this country was founded by brave folks that believed in our president and our freedom,when the going gets tough,we are supposed to retreat back to home usa,for what,that is what every other country that needs us now has done in the past,who is going to help us,think long and hard on it,do we really want freedom for all or just stay home and protect ourselves here,and forget about everybody else,that won't work,we will be taken over and attacked right here at home,without our allies we would be alot worse off and at risk for war in usa.

4. voltopher

voltopher Bobtail Member

Oct 23, 2006
    nashville, tn
    Turbo trucker you are a good man for your time spent here, thanks.

5. azcardnlz

azcardnlz Medium Load Member

Oct 4, 2006
    Indianapolis, IN
    Man, this is an old thread, but I think it keeps getting attention because it either is misunderstood, or it is so good and insightful. Count me in the latter. Your point wasn't missed by everyone.

6. popeyepalmer

popeyepalmer Bobtail Member

Sep 3, 2007
    Godfrey, IL
    I have heard all kinds of things about Schneider, some good some bad. I think alot of it depends on who your dispatcher is, and where you are out of. Do you think this has some truth to it?

7. SubWarrior

SubWarrior Bobtail Member

Sep 8, 2007
    Moreno Valley, CA
    Well, after reading your post, and please don't get me wrong as I have read a lot of info in the last 3-4 hours, I've decided that I do not want to become a trucker. I've checked out all the big company sites, read the polls, forums and the good and the bad. I liked your point of view though, Thank You.

I did my homework and went to a lot of sites. The one with the most info was C. R. England's site. They have their pay scale available and their OTR Training materials in a .pdf format. I downloaded them a few days ago. After studying all that material and what DMV had, I came to the conclusion that you guys, and gals, don't get paid enough! My god! All that responsibility and training and I was shocked when I saw the cpm data. (ya'll know this better than I, unless I'm missing something here)

"Time is money" so, this is what I envisioned when I first started looking into trucking as a career: (I'm sure this will get some laughs)

45-50k Salary/per year to start
    Yearly raises 3-4% avg. to help off-set the cost of living
    Salary Bonuses in lieu of promotions (performance)
    All the bennies, etc, etc.

I think this is how it should be.

Then, I dig deeper only to find out that there are more bad things to say about being a trucker than good.

Too bad, I would have been a great driver!

Cheers!

SubWarrior
    (yes, I've driven multi-billion dollar, football field long submarines, can navigate 'em too!)

8. azcardnlz

azcardnlz Medium Load Member

Oct 4, 2006
    Indianapolis, IN
    You were a sub driver and you think WE are underpaid? As big as the defense budget is, the Navy still doesn't have enough money to pay me to do that! It's the most fascinating job I would never do.

I'm sure you were in the Navy long enough to meet a few people who were always crying, b**ching, and moaning about how bad their life is, only to find out a few weeks later, they just re-enlisted! I've known several Jarheads who did that. Many people here tend to focus on the negative, and rarely about the positive. I can't come here and read all this stuff on a regular basis, because it gets me depressed about the job I love that I've been doing since 1989. Like it says in the original post, take it with a grain of salt.

Semper Fi.

9. Burky

Burky Road Train Member

Actually, there is a point to be made about the pay difference between the military and trucking. When I retired from the Navy 10 years ago, after getting in my 20 years, I was making about 24k per year. When I look at my income now, I am making about 63k per year from driving the truck daily, and pulling in another 14k plus in retirement income from the Navy. So, comparative to what I made in the military, the money is much better now than it was then. I make well over 75k a year, am single, have the farm, all the equipment, and the mortgage on the home all paid off. I have close to 50k in the bank, and make a lot more money than I spend.

One of the reasons I can see a bright side to driving is that I worked much longer hours under some pretty lousy conditions for many years for much less pay than I am getting now. I know what it's like to get by on about 1/3 the income I have now, and take it from me, having the money is much nicer.

10. firstgear

firstgear Light Load Member

Dec 19, 2007
    Sounds like you described to a "T" the company you work for.

11. thummper

thummper Light Load Member

Dec 12, 2006
    orange county, ca
    It sounds like the setting for a tennessee williams play--I have experienced the miniature version of this, hauling cinder block, rebar and cement bags, all with glass truck rope. the owner is a control freak cheap ####### that epitomizes the trucking version of the tenement landlord. Ralph kennedy is a real piece 'o work. his baby, Atwood sales in placentia, ca., is a squat-in-the-dirt operation. everyone knows them and have bad things to say. all my deliveries and will calls were previous employees or opportunists when everyone else was swamped. Ahh...my first trailer job. towable forklifts that dripped hydro on your boots. no brakes, tail lites, busted glass, etc. they preloaded in the late afternoon after I go home and under tie the load. It usually came apart within 2 miles, unless I could go around the block and re-tie everything. the cinder block fell apart, the cement bags slithered off their pallets and rope was the bond of choice for 20+ tons of rebar steel. our supplier, boise cascade, informed us to tie down our loads OUTSIDE their gates because they did'nt want the liability of ralphy refusing to spring for chains. these people are #######es to be avoided at all costs. Atwood Sales of placentia, california.
    also---you guys are funny---thinking that the donkeys and elephants are somehow different--they both grow government and throw away other people's money. dont get all defensive about dub--he's been owned by the saudis for decades, just like his old man. Why do you think the bin laden family was flown outta the states during the no fly period in'01?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.