The Worst Trucking Company In The Industry

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by Burky, Jun 19, 2005.

1. Burky

Burky Road Train Member

Sorry, Turbo has been gone from the site for the better part of a year now. He might still lurk and read, but he will not answer.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. MorrisGray

MorrisGray Light Load Member

Jan 14, 2008
    Rock Spring, GA
  4. apaknad

apaknad Bobtail Member

Feb 24, 2008
    parma, MI
    I just joined the forum but have been reading it for days now. Wow, that's alot of stuff to ingest.
    Here's my situation. I am going to get money from the state of Mi. from the "no worker left behind" program. i told them i wanted to get me cdl. everything seems to be going ok and i will start class on 3-10-08. i feel blessed that i won't have to pay this money back and am looking forward to a second career in trucking but this forum has me VERY concerned on how to make the right choice on companies.
    someone in the know has told me to look at stats from the "safersys.com" site and that small companies (1-2m trucks) are generally better than larger ones. he also mentione Roehl and TMC as being some of the better places.
    I don't live that far from you and was wondering who you work for as you seem to have alot of knowledge and insight into trucking.
    I have alot more questions but I'll start with this first post. BTW, to all, thank you to all for your posts, it has helped me.:biggrin_2554:

25(2)+2 Thanks this.
  5. lostsoul55

lostsoul55 Bobtail Member

Oct 20, 2006
    ia
    Everything said in this fourum good or bad is SOMEWHAT true Just keep in mind how Trucking is spelled... And another letter Really was the start of the correct spelling...Just think about it..

6. Tip

Tip Tipster

Mar 18, 2006
    ON STRIKE
    You're making a GREAT move already by getting a government grant to pay for what has become outrageous tuition, tuition that should be about 10% of what it is. Never pay out of your own pocket to learn how to drive trucks. The government has given out so many grants in the past their generosity has jacked the price of tuition so high at mills you can't afford not to get a grant. Besides, what you get isn't worth the 5-8 grand you'll have to pay at a mill today.

Congratulations on being able to keep that tuition money in your pocket where it belongs. I wish I had mine back. Of course, I've been wishing that since 1995.

7. tinglish

tinglish Light Load Member

Aug 26, 2007
    Cottonwood, CA
    hey man, i worked for them when i first started drivin in 2000, they used to be called dick simon. only had to do 6 mos. with them, then i went on to something better.

8. Tip

Tip Tipster

Mar 18, 2006
    ON STRIKE
    Tinglish, I think you may have been working for DickMe Simon about the same time the Simon loon crashed his truck into the Cally state capital building. When did that happen, exactly? 2001?

9. tinglish

tinglish Light Load Member

Aug 26, 2007
    Cottonwood, CA
    hey Tipster,
    I left dickie simon in sept. 2000 and that nut job ran into the capital shortly after that, jan 17th '01. no i didn't know him, the only driver i met that had been there more than 9 mos. was my trainer, and he threatened to quit
    on a regular basis

10. browneyes661

browneyes661 Bobtail Member

Mar 10, 2008
    Lancaster, CA
    I wish we had found this website before my hubby started driving with CR England. My hubby would have second guessed the decision to drive for them. It was the biggest mistake of his career change!!!

11. jess-juju

jess-juju Road Train Member

Feb 19, 2008
    Shelbyville TN
    sometimes if you want to get your foot in the door, you really don't have much choice! Most Companies want three months to a year experience and even if you have a CDL they want your experience to be recent.....I personally think its so they can get cheap labour for at least a yr, My Fiance has his CDL and two yrs experience, but hasn't driven otr for a while......he is out with his trainer now for a month and he has a tuition bill to pay off.
    He has been gone a little over three weeks, and his pay in that three weeks has been $100.00, this Friday they will deposit $425.00 into his account.
    Him and his trainer are in Connecticut right now having a 24hr rest so they can both get some hrs back to do a short 800 mile trip tomorrow.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.