These are the cheapest data plans you can buy in the U.S.

Discussion in 'Cellular - Voice - Data' started by Danajc, Sep 11, 2017.

1. Bumper

Bumper Road Train Member

Feb 8, 2008
    Kingsport, Tennessee
    Yes, the S8 and S8+ and some others are now working "normally". The Iphones are not yet. I actually wanted a new S8 anyways so this may work out in my favor. Gee honey......my iphone doesnt work....;)

Last edited: Sep 23, 2017
    snowwy Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Danajc

Danajc Light Load Member

Sep 7, 2017
    Tmobile and sprint are merging T-Mobile plus Sprint: If you're a customer, here's why a merger would matter

4. snowwy

snowwy Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2009
    They aren't merging. They're thinking about talking about it. AGAIN. according the cnbc news yesterday.

I hope they don't. ATT and Tmo speeds are really slow compared to V and S.

5. Danajc

Danajc Light Load Member

Sep 7, 2017
    From the Rueters article, sounds like they are trying to improve the speed of data:

The latest development in the talks between T-Mobile and Sprint comes as the telecommunications sector seeks ways to tackle investments in 5G technology that will greatly enhance wireless data transfer speeds.

Once terms are finalized, due diligence by the two companies will follow and a deal is expected by the end of October, though talks may still fall through, the sources said.

Exclusive: T-Mobile, Sprint close to agreeing on deal terms - sources

6. snowwy

snowwy Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2009
    Yeah. Att is testing the waters. Working on improving through walls and buildings and such. Wants their service rolling late 2018. Don't know what sprint and tmo plans are for 5g

7. snowwy

snowwy Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2009
    I'll say this. Sprint has really picked up the speed. I can't get higher then 15 mbps on my att hotspot.

Attached Files:

8. Balakov100

Balakov100 Road Train Member

May 10, 2012
    Temple, TX
    I don't have Sprint or TMO.

But hope they don't merge.
    Less competition is always a bad thing.

9. BrandonCDLdriver

BrandonCDLdriver Road Train Member

Sep 1, 2017
    I have cricket using ATT towers and the number of times I've completely lost cell signal since June when I started can be held up on one hand, and I've gone from Houston to New Jersey and everywhere in between. Only the most rural areas of North Louisiana around those paper mills have I ever lost signal. I'm talking where there aren't even any houses, just woods as far as the eye can see. And then it didn't last that long.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.