They must ban "cpm" and "piecerate" pay

Discussion in 'Trucking Industry Regulations' started by Northeasterner, Jan 7, 2020.

1. TexasKGB

TexasKGB Light Load Member

Oct 15, 2019
    Fiddler's Green
    ....unless it comes to Medicare. Unlimited funding and spending, then.

Mototom Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Antinomian

Antinomian Road Train Member

Feb 17, 2013
    Hourly pay won't solve this problem. It's basic economics that wage earners get hurt worse than anyone else in the market when the government increases the money supply (which is what inflation is). This is because the big banks and the vendors who deal directly with the government get the new money first, before prices go up. Wage earners get their raises to keep up with inflation only after prices have already risen.

x1Heavy, roshea and Doealex Thank this.
  4. jeastonjr

jeastonjr Light Load Member

Nov 4, 2013
    Weymouth,Ma.
    If we are responsible for the unit then we should be paid for the entire time we are with it .
    Awake or asleep.

5. Mototom

Mototom Road Train Member

May 7, 2019
    No I’m just sick of crony capitalism protecting large businesses and hurting the worker.
    It’s coming back to the age of children working in factories and living in company towns.
    You can’t see the forest for the trees.

6. Doealex

Doealex Medium Load Member

Feb 21, 2018
    Large businesses go out of business all the time too.

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  7. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    If I was Mr Bigstuff inside Widgets World Mega and ordered the warehouse staff to load 10 trucks tonight for timbuktu at a certain rate of income I expect to earn on both the stuff I sold on those ten trucks and the small amount of money that the drivers on those 10 trucks will earn delivering it. Be it a couple hundred dollars in some cases less than that.

I would not have time to deal with drivers who think they are not paid enough. They will either do the job or get out so I can find someone who will or drive it myself.

Thats the Business side of the problem. Drivers can either drive or not. The pay is clear. .20 a mile or ... 8 a hour or whatever it is. The driver agreed to do the work for that. Employment is at will. (LEAVING ALONE UNION....)

If the driver agreed to work for say packets of bartop peanuts, then how dare they complain when they think they are working for peanuts? //play on words.

There is currently literally no army or legal force to make me pay them drivers each 50.00 a hour or 100.00 a mile or whatever. If they did make me do that then the widgets being sold and delivered are going to be a awesome amount of cost and the billing will be such a #####.

8. TankerP

TankerP Road Train Member

Oct 1, 2010
    Holding the steering wheel
    I have no idea what your talking about. It’s 2020 and the US Army can’t recruit any soldiers because apparently American kids are overweight. American kids are obese. American kids are a bunch of fat ##*es. Apparently American kids have access and consuming thousands of calories per day without having to do any exertion to burn those calories. The day I see skinny American kids walking down the street is the day I will take what you say seriously. You lack perspective.

88228822 and jammer910Z Thank this.
  9. TankerP

Oct 1, 2010
    Oh by the way, I make hourly. Time and a half after eight, double time after twelve. Home every night and off weekends. And we’re hiring.
    Driving jobs like these exist but you need to stop whining and actually look for it. I wanted it and I did everything to get it.

88228822, Doealex and Northeasterner Thank this.
  10. Mototom

Mototom Road Train Member

May 7, 2019
    You won’t see any side but your own but you need to look at history. Acting like the obesity issue is in any way related to “work ethic” is foolish.

Northeasterner and x1Heavy Thank this.
  11. TankerP

Oct 1, 2010
    Obesity is a perfect yardstick to measure the prosperity of a society. It is indisputable. I’m here wasting my time debating you because I see your side as clear as day. You offer nothing original. You champion more government regulations? Come to California. Let’s see how you’ll do. The disparity between the haves and have nots over here is great so you better be ready to hang on to your beliefs as hard as you can. Do you think you have what it takes to prosper in the most regulated state in the union?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.