They Stole My Truck and My Life.... I'm Counting on Truckers to Help Tell My Story

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by terrilatour, Oct 15, 2010.

1. BigI

BigI Bobtail Member

Oct 11, 2009
    Cincinnati Ohio
    not to be a d.i.c. but u screwed yourself by trusting someone with your money. I dont trust anyone with my money everyone is always out to screw someone. just my .02

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Longhood379

Longhood379 Medium Load Member

Nov 30, 2009
    Cremona AB
    Sorry this happened to you Terri , the rest of the continent doesn't do hand shake bussiness any more like we still do in this part of the country, If you have all of your Ducks in a row proof wise, post a few Kijiji adds about the truck in ON, where ever you think it is operating , there are still a few people who can't deal with skum. Now the tough part you need to figure out what you did "wrong" here and accept responsibility so that , it never happens again and so that you can refocus your life. It might not hurt to check into common law rules (even if it wasn't like that) about joint ownership. if you signed a check for the truck it may apply. You might want to ask a Mod to post this in the Canadian truckers forum also

Last edited: Nov 2, 2010
  4. MedicineMan

MedicineMan Road Train Member

Jan 13, 2007
    Woodville, TX
    if you have records of the 4 payments of $500 it shows acknowledgment of the debt on their part so it should be easy enough in court. go sue them.

5. southernpride

southernpride Gone But Never Forgotten

Apr 5, 2009
    orlando,fl
    now i just read your story and it is tragic but all to familure, ive been out here a long tme anf ive seen it happen time and time again you are not alone, all i can say is keep your head up and keet trying and you will make it , you never lose till you quit just dont give up never mind all the negative you here or the gloom and doom just keepon trying you can recover if or one am pulling for you, southernpride:biggrin_25514:

6. Brickman

Brickman Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Sep 17, 2006
    WY

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you young pups make me feel REALLY old ....... because you don't know how cab overs work.

7. rookietrucker

rookietrucker Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Jul 15, 2007
    TEXAS
    I know how cabovers work, I just have never seen one that long before. Just not sure if the whole cab raised or if it actually separated in two pieces.

8. Brickman

Brickman Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Sep 17, 2006
    WY

Oh, ok.

I'm certain the whole body won't raise, other wise they'd never get the whole thing high enough to work on the engine in any truck shop I've been in.

9. frdr

frdr Medium Load Member

Aug 25, 2007
    houston, tx.
    "A fool and his money are soon parted".

10. canuck in da truck

canuck in da truck Road Train Member

Aug 6, 2010
    western pa
    really dont see any joints in that truck--it must be the whole works is tilting up---it would be a bit of a pain to work on---pulling the rad would be a nightmare if you cant flip it over with chains to hold it

11. rookietrucker

rookietrucker Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Jul 15, 2007
    TEXAS
    According to her, the whole cab tilts up. :biggrin_2556:

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.