Thinking About May Trucking In Denver Co

Discussion in 'May Trucking' started by myhsccarpetcare, Jul 20, 2010.

1. myhsccarpetcare

myhsccarpetcare Bobtail Member

Jul 18, 2010
    Colorado Springs, Co
    Went to Denver to do the papper app for may today.. About a week or so i was told i will hear back.. Denver is a nice yard.. They say they will let a driver come in and do a mock road test... Cool in my book.. I am not going out with a trainer i will be solo right off the bat.. If i can pass the drive test... what is the starting pay with 3 mo exp???? My Recruiters name is Amanda she is nice so far... Also Talked to The Opps Safety Manager Who Does All Road Testing...All in Denver Seem Real Nice.....They Eaven Had A Carpet Cleaning Van Doing Two Trucks.... I Was Like WoW.....

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. pjw044

pjw044 Heavy Load Member

May will usually clean the "inside" of a truck before they issue
    the truck to a new driver, but since Denver is a drop yard they
    DONT do any mechanical inspection before. Inspect any issued truck very closely and document ANY damage to said truck so
    you dont get blamed for it. Take pictures inside and outside to C.Y.A.

4. Efon

Efon Road Train Member

Jan 6, 2009
    Fort Collins, CO
    It wouldn't be a bad idea to take pictures. The new safety guy in Denver does a walk around with you regarding body damage and such. But, as pjw044 suggested take pictures.

On a side note, one of the trucks you saw being cleaned was my "old" prostar. If you can call a truck with 45k miles old.

5. jml2007

jml2007 Bobtail Member

Jan 22, 2009
    AZ Desert

Good choice man. I got the Sprint Everything Data or something like that, $70 a month but unlimited everything except land lines. But check this out, if you get this and are comptuer smart you can hack your computer and get free internet for your laptop. Thats what I am using now an it is great. After Cagetrucker talked about PDA net, I started digging on the net, there is a program you can download for free and get into your phones service programing and unlock the feature to use your Phone as a Modem. It took me about 2 hours but it works great. And since I have unlimted data there is no problem. Due to Privacy laws, Sprint cant check to see how you are using you info. Google your phone brand and name and put PDA or PAM and stuff comes out. It is worth it and if I have cell phone signal I get pretty fast internet with my laptop. You just need the cable with a USB side and the one that goes to your phone. I am on the I-5 and the 228 in Oregon right now, pretty rural area and service is great.

6. HAULIN357

HAULIN357 Light Load Member

Nov 17, 2009
    STICKER PATCH AZ
    also there is no more phoenix loop there its changed abit since 05 powerjoints

7. HAULIN357

HAULIN357 Light Load Member

Nov 17, 2009
    STICKER PATCH AZ
    also anyone pulling a reefer which i do and i live in avondale and have no problem getting home when i want,,sometimes with a dry van sometimes not ,,,..

8. sagebrush

sagebrush Bobtail Member

Jul 28, 2010
    Mississippi
    I'm reading a post about a guy who hasn't gone to work twenty-two days after orientation and you want to know if this is a good company to work for.

9. truckerdaddy24

truckerdaddy24 Road Train Member

Jan 24, 2010
    Avondale Az.
    Well sagebrush, Sounds like to me that they May be a good company to go to work for, They don't have trucks that were turned in 2 weeks ago waiting for a driver, They are keeping all the drivers they have, Just my 2 cents worth but.

10. Efon

Efon Road Train Member

Jan 6, 2009
    Fort Collins, CO
    May is running short on trainers right now. Some terminals are waiting longer than others. I am out of Denver and my mentor is as well. We both have taken students from Oregon and phoenix in the past. Pheonix seems to have the longest wait right now.

11. sagebrush

sagebrush Bobtail Member

Jul 28, 2010
    Mississippi
    treydavid. The guy passed his tests, why would he need a trainer. So he can learn how to set the thermostat?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.