Thinking About May Trucking In Denver Co

Discussion in 'May Trucking' started by myhsccarpetcare, Jul 20, 2010.

1. jml2007

jml2007 Bobtail Member

Jan 22, 2009
    AZ Desert
    I figured there would be some comments about that. Basically what May offered fit my needs. All other companies that hire students wanted way too much training time; Stevens - 9 1/2 weeks; Werener - 4 - 6 weeks and etc. I have been around trucks all my life, working on them and some construction equipment, so I needed to just get there policy on how to do paperwork and qualcomm down. Like another May driver told me, "it's all the same, just depends on the flavor of B.S. you like." Plus since I already attended orentation it was already on my DAC, probably not good to have 2 companies in your first month of having a CDL. Sitting at the Pilot in Quartzsite, AZ headed home tommorow! First 1300 miles done. One plus is that for what ever reason my cruise control still works with the headlights on, I hope they dont realize that at the shop. The truck has been neutered but still does 62 - 63.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. pjw044

pjw044 Heavy Load Member

Dude, dont say anything to anyone about that and hope they dont read this post..............

4. truckerdaddy24

truckerdaddy24 Road Train Member

Jan 24, 2010
    Avondale Az.
    Well whatever the company wants him to learn... :biggrin_2556:I am not going to get into a pissing match with anyone. :biggrin_25513:Take Care.

5. Trucker Steve

Trucker Steve Medium Load Member

Nov 9, 2008
    Phoenix az
    I would like to know why you assume these companies are better the May Trucking? Personally I would never work for a company that makes me look bad and according to safestat Mays Safety record is far better then any of the companies you listed. How did you base your decision?

6. Trucker Steve

Nov 9, 2008
    Phoenix az
    Yeah it is once again as posted above - the loop is also different the do have direct lanes as well. I 5 south I 5 north and the LA/PHX loop. Most of MAYS frieght could be considered Dedicated as you end up doing the same runs over and over and over both reffer and dry side! :) There about as regular as a irregular carrier can be!

7. Trucker Steve

Nov 9, 2008
    Phoenix az
    I know several people still running in a loop. Most won't get hired for this tho.

8. Trucker Steve

Nov 9, 2008
    Phoenix az
    It is good to see someone with common sense. This post is exactly right. Sagebrush clearly is in a rush. Sagebrush, somethings are worth waiting for! But I presume you will have no problem getting into a truck at anyone of the "I AM SURE MANY" companies you will work for. Safe trucking to ya David!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.