I'm thinking about going with Prime. I'm in the N.E. and was looking into their Regional refeer route. I'm exmilitary already have my CDL A and currently taking a refresher course. The recruiter said I have to do 40k mile with a trainer/driver out of Penn. Once that's done I get my route in the NE. Here's my questions.
1) How often are you home, I mean besides the weekends does your route bring you through home?
2) Does Prime really pay .42-.48 CPM? What would an average weeks pay be? ballpark
3) Does the TnT go by fast?
4) Do they give you unrealistic timetables.
5) I've ben reading that there's a lot of waiting for live loading unloading. Do you get paid for this?
6) Speaking of pay, what do you get paid for? Besides CPM is there any extra pay.
7) Will I get a good amount of miles?
I'd like to do LTL but every Company that's hiring wants verifiable driving experience.