Thinking of being a truck driver some questions?

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by rdutch, Aug 4, 2008.

1. Jimbo60

Jimbo60 Medium Load Member

Nov 25, 2009
    High desert CA
    Ya know, if I were you (and I'm not) I would go ahead and get the CDL. Maybe at some point it'll mean the difference between working or not.

I'm really not trying to be harsh here but I don't think that you're gonna make it as a driver.

You seem to me like you aren't looking for a way in, instead you are looking for a way out.

As a rookie you just simply don't get to tell the company when you are and are not going to drive. As long as it's legal, you drive. Unless you want to spend a lot of time sitting and waiting for a load. The minute that you try to tell a dispatcher how it is, is the point where they show you how it really is.

You have two young ones at home that you're gonna miss. Understandable. I don't think that you're going to be able to hack 2-5 weeks away from them.

Lastly I don't know what your back problems are but, can you sit for 4-6 hours at a time and drive? If not you'll just end up broke.

Remember 95% of new drivers don't make it a year in the industry.

Sorry if I sound harsh but it is what it is and honestly..... I don't think that it is for you.

............... Jim

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.