Thinking of buying a Ryder used truck. Feedback PLEASE

Discussion in 'Trucker Taxes and Truck Financing' started by InternationalTrucker, Oct 23, 2013.

1. BoxCarKidd

BoxCarKidd Road Train Member

Aug 26, 2014
    That is not very fair overall.
    You list one brand of truck you do not like to condemn all rental trucks. You did not differ between rentals and lease trucks from those companies. Some lease trucks have a lot of extra options.
    Years ago I saw a truck with an odd emblem on the side so I walked over to check it out. That truck had a sticker on the side from one of those companies. The emblem was a gold plack from the company that leased the truck. It was to their driver. 1,000,000 miles accident free. I talked to him and said that is outstanding. 1,000,000 miles without a chargeable accident. He sad no! That is one million miles without any accident. No one ran into me. I never bent a bumper or any other damage. It was not an old truck so I am sure they were on a regular rotation. It was not a new truck but the inside was as clean as new. Who would not want that mans truck if it had the specs they wanted?
    Yes I have seen a lot of beaters as well. Just not fair.

NCTru919 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. NCTru919

NCTru919 Bobtail Member

Apr 23, 2021
    I’m looking at one 2014 Freightliner Cascadia day cab with 350k miles for 35k.

4. Daryl07

Daryl07 Bobtail Member

Jun 2, 2021

5. Daryl07

Daryl07 Bobtail Member

Jun 2, 2021
    Well I bought a hino used truck of ryder in Vancouver through sales in Calgary. Good truck, 132km engine light came on then went out thought nothing of it. Till 3 months later dpf system was plugged for months prior according to Hino mechanic, I've asked for assistance in any form other than cash or fixing it for me. No help coming. If u buy used bring mechanic to check for any codes as I didn't do this, my fault. Could have seen the code they cleared previously.

Daryl Stastook

NCTru919 Thanks this.
  6. Daryl07

Daryl07 Bobtail Member

Jun 2, 2021

7. BoxCarKidd

BoxCarKidd Road Train Member

Aug 26, 2014
    Did you ask about the warranty prepurchase? Used to be 30 days.
    What assistance form are you looking for?
    If the code is cleared and not active your mechanic probably will not be able to tell you as well.

NCTru919 Thanks this.
  8. Snailexpress

Snailexpress Road Train Member

Apr 28, 2014
    Rocky
    Buying rental truck = marry lot lizard. She was heavily abused.

9. NCTru919

NCTru919 Bobtail Member

Apr 23, 2021
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.