Thinking of Coming Back to OTR/LTL

Discussion in 'The Welcome Wagon' started by Murphy21863, Nov 30, 2018.

1. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    You might even enjoy running the roads for a few months. Personally, I never tired of running long haul coast to coast.Got to see all the states and that gave me a chance to decide if I wanted to relocate from Tennessee, where would I like to go. Settled on Las Vegas and made the move. No regrets either; love the weather here. Right now at 9:30 in the morning it's 46 degrees and that means it's a blizzard here....lol. Sunny with clear sky and lots of palm trees and some with Christmas lights.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Av8torcrj

Av8torcrj Light Load Member

Oct 7, 2015
    Schneider has a paid 3 day CDL refresher course. I looked at a general Connecticut zip code and it seems to be offered in your area. Check out their website for further info.

I get raked over the coals consistently on here for being pro-Schneider but they have been nothing but good to me. I enjoy my part time position with them. I personally had an 8 month gap prior to joining the organization and it was a non-issue.

Chinatown Thanks this.
  4. 2uchevy

2uchevy Bobtail Member

Dec 3, 2018
    Good afternoon. First Jim I apologize for stepping on your post but I'm in the same boat. Just joined this page this morning because life has a funny way of throwing curve balls. I drove truck for 10 years out west. 1985-1995.. Bought a business in 95' and have since built my company up and expanded it into a multi million dollar company. One day a buyer appears and boom, deal is made and company is being sold. I'm 55 years old. I'm to young to just sit around and I'm really thinking about getting back to what I really loved 23 years ago. Back in the day, I owned my own truck and did all my own work on it with the exception of motor work. Flat bed and End dump. Worked the west coast seen for those 10 years. Question is this, I would want to buy my own truck and run it here in the midwest and down south and so what problems do you see me running into? Have not been in a truck for over 20 years but I'll promise you, I think it will all come back to me very quickly. Thank you for your time guys, and Jim good luck to you in the future. Cliff

Chinatown Thanks this.
  5. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    @2uchevy - insurance is the big issue in your situation.
    Check www.OOIDA.com about becoming a new owner-operator. This is a business website for the owner-operator.
    [​IMG]

6. Murphy21863

Murphy21863 Bobtail Member

Nov 30, 2018
    Cliff,

Thanks for the reply, and no issue with "stepping-on" my post. We are the same age, I guess for me I feel like I did not give it the chance I should have and don't want to feel as if I gave up too quickly.

Jim

7. Murphy21863

Murphy21863 Bobtail Member

Nov 30, 2018
    Av8torcrj,

Thanks for the response. I looked at Schneider when I first started 4 years ago.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.