thinking of driving

Discussion in 'Trucking Schools and CDL Training Forum' started by ksouthard, Jun 14, 2013.

1. ksouthard

ksouthard Light Load Member

May 12, 2013
    phoenix, az
    es i am a paralegal but certified in state of NJ I now live in az which means I have to take the state boards which cost 850 dollars just to take the test and another 1000 to keep it up to date for a year, I did say I was thinking about learning to drive if my husband doesn't get a job soon !!!!! I did not say I was thinking of going to a driving school and take on more debt that info was given to me as advice. I am also a medical biller and coder however there have been alot of layoffs and job eliminations in the medical field due to the new insurance laws so unless you are a doctor or nurse you are not safe I was also a correctional officer but got injured and can no longer go back there, which brings you up to speed on everything LOL I did say I will probably have no choice if hubby does not get hired somewhere soon although I am working it does not cover everything

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. ksouthard

May 12, 2013
    phoenix, az
    My priorities are just fine and there is no need to be offensive by telling me to work at walmart I probably have more intelligence in one fiinger than you have in your entire body

KW Cajun Thanks this.
  4. ksouthard

May 12, 2013
    phoenix, az
    My priorities are just fine and there is no need to be offensive by telling me to work at walmart I probably have more intelligence in one fiinger than you have in your entire body

5. ksouthard

May 12, 2013
    phoenix, az
  6. ksouthard

May 12, 2013
    phoenix, az
    and by the i don't take being offended from a husband I darn sure will not take it from YOU

7. GoneButNotForgotten

GoneButNotForgotten Heavy Load Member

Dec 30, 2009
    Roxboro, N.C.
    I think (just maybe) what a lot of these drivers are referrring to is that if you are looking at trucking mainly on the basis of it being an increase in your yearly income, you are going to be really disappointed. In my opinion, it takes a huge comittment these days to jump into the trucking world. As you read many threads, you will probably see that those that are sucessful usually eat, live, and breathe the job. Most that jump into this job because it looks like it pays better than most other alternatives, fail. Times are tough, best of luck to you and your husband.

ksouthard Thanks this.
  8. ksouthard

May 12, 2013
    phoenix, az
    no actually i realize that trucking is a totally different lifestyle and yes you eat breathe and live for the truck I know all of that I am not a stranger to it I just said I never drove one, I also said I am a gypsy at heart and really can't stand the normal 9-5 jobs I just wound up being there to raise kids, my kids are grown now

9. ksouthard

May 12, 2013
    phoenix, az
    by the way I have also been to roofing school and can install a roof the correct way now does that sound like your typical 9-5 gal ????

10. RickG

RickG Road Train Member

Jul 22, 2008
    Owensboro , KY
    Just to the right of the reply button there is a Reply With Quote button . That is used to respond to a post and avoids confusion

11. RickG

RickG Road Train Member

Jul 22, 2008
    Owensboro , KY
    That little triangle to the right of the Thanks button is a report button to report offensive posts . Actually , your insulting remark about your intelligent finger could be reported as offensive .

mje Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.