thinking of driving

Discussion in 'Trucking Schools and CDL Training Forum' started by ksouthard, Jun 14, 2013.

1. MZdanowicz

MZdanowicz Light Load Member

Apr 7, 2013
    peabody, ma

PawPaw- Don't blame Ksouthard for military statement. I was talking about myself about this "positive attitude" B. S. Positive Att. leaves the body after one miss Hap. This thread got out of hand because of a simple question. Has everybody forgot where they started? Maybe I am the one who is missing something! I have and always will help the so called "underdog". Truck College? are you kidding? I can see it now; a trainer in the hot seat "rolling a J-Bar". To conclude with an example, I will be off ther road for a couple months till our new local is built. I own two lobsterboats my boys run. This skinny kid was looking for work on the boats. I said the usual Any exper. wiith this? No but I need work. I started him washing and waxing my 2 379's and he did a good job. When can I start on the boats? Meet me at the dock at 4:30 am and I will go with you and one of the boys. Got him geared up. He seemed alright. Handled the bugs right but was puking his guts till his a-- came out of his mouth. I asked him if he wanted go in and said no. This really impressed me. It gas been two weeks and he is still there. He's making 7 bills plus bonus week. My sons with there repulsive ego's said he would never make it. All he needed was a chance. Because of his size, and his will we call him "tunnel Rat" Thanks Mike-Z

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Central Refrigerated has a good reputation for training women. Lot's of positive comments about the company.

4. CAGEtrucker

CAGEtrucker Road Train Member

Apr 18, 2010
    Somewhere, AZ
    I went to Western Truck School in Phx check it out the instructor is female she can and will teach you everything you need to know. I had my CDL in 30 days, got a job with Watkins and Shepard for 6 months then went to Prime as a Lease Operator. While with Prime the wife and kids freaked not liking me gone for 5-6 weeks and home 3-4 days to afford the weekly $1278 required pmt for everything to do with the truck except full. I came off the road worked in a call center and am now trying to get back into trucking. I start orientation on Monday and will be starting my own thread once orientation is completed and I am driving I will provide details.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.