Thinking of Joining TMC... How are the newbies doing?

Discussion in 'TMC' started by Sircorona, Jun 25, 2007.

1. speedtrucker0674

speedtrucker0674 Bobtail Member

Mar 27, 2008
    easton,pa
    i think that is a bounch of creap i was working for them back in the 98 and i never got that much when i got in my own truck. and as per tarping 99.9% of there freight has to be tarped.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. stuge

stuge Light Load Member

Mar 3, 2008
    Georgetown TN
    Are these figures based off of % pay or per mile?

Thanks.

4. terrylamar

terrylamar Road Train Member

Oct 8, 2006
    Austin, TX
    We have a few creaps at TMC, I wouldn't say it was a bunch, though. Let's see, the 98 was ten years ago, maybe we received a pay raise in the last ten years. We do not have to tarp 99.9% of the freight. I do not know what the official percentage is, but for example this past week I only had to tarp twice. Some weeks you will tarp more, other weeks less. You do tend to tarp more in the Winter months because of the salt and other chemicals use when there is snow and ice on the roads. Your first month is when you will be most inefficient and you will be at your lowest percentage if on percentage, which most drivers are. As you work you gain efficiency and you will have your first snapshot and you will go up in pay. Freight is seasonal and with they economy slowing this is a particularly trying time. Even so, the pay given are well with the realm of possibility. I am posting simular number, a little lower because freight seems to be cheaper in Texas. I have talked to other TMC drivers who are making more than me. What division you are in, also has something to do with how much you make.

5. Rawlco

Rawlco Medium Load Member

Aug 13, 2006
    Central Maine
    TMC also guarrantees 46 weekends home per year in the linehaul division, which is almost the entire country east of I-35.

6. Sabre4x4

Sabre4x4 Light Load Member

Feb 20, 2008
    Lincoln, NE
    well ive made it into my second week of orientation and have found that everything that my recruter told me is true. He didnt lie about anything. Ill be in the line haul division. I am very happy that I chose TMC for my first driving job. I cant wait to get out on the road with my trainer. I just hope I get a good trainer.

7. stuge

stuge Light Load Member

Mar 3, 2008
    Georgetown TN
    Sabre great to hear you are going to joon the TMC team. I too will be going to Columbia for training either next week or the following week. what specific things are you talking bout with "and have found that everything that my recruter told me is true. He didnt lie about anything." just curious what the recruiter told you.

Thanks.

8. Sabre4x4

Sabre4x4 Light Load Member

Feb 20, 2008
    Lincoln, NE
    well TMC has a reputation for being the Trucker Marine Corp. They are a company that has its rules and expects you to follow them or you are outa there. They know what they want in a driver and if you dont meet the criteria you get released. They ride you pretty hard but they just do it to make sure you have the right attitude for there company. They dont want someone that is going to blow up. The driver is a rep of the company and they want the best reps they can get.

9. Quanman

Quanman Bobtail Member

Apr 29, 2008
    Loveland, Ohio

JimF, How much did you get home in training with Maverick? Also, Do you know if Ohio is a good lane for them? Seems I have seen quite a few of their trucks around lately.

10. Quanman

Quanman Bobtail Member

Apr 29, 2008
    Loveland, Ohio
    Sabre, This question is directed at you? Also, how do you like it so far at TMC? Thanks, Quanman

11. notarps4me

notarps4me Road Train Member

Jan 1, 2007
    NASA HQ
    I am with maverick and I go to OH a lot. Was there just last week. You should not have problems getting home living there.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.