THINKING TO BUY A TESLA SEMI TRUCK

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by chimbotano, Jun 3, 2022.

1. chimbotano

chimbotano Heavy Load Member

Apr 21, 2013
    GOOD DAY TO ALL OF YOU GUYS!!! I called Tesla customer services this morning in regards to buying a Tesla semi truck. This guy wasn't a good help at all. all I know is that I have to put 5,000 with a credit card and within 10 days I have to transfer 15k. and this money is full refundable if I decide not to buy it, before the truck is out in the market for sell to the public.
    Does any of you is in the waiting list ? What do you know about the process of buying one. do you think id worth it? wold you buy one, if so, why would you buy or why not ?
    im thinking to buy one, because the environment and Deasel is expensive.
    thank you for your time!!!!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. 86scotty

86scotty Road Train Member

Aug 27, 2017
    Appalachia
  4. Six9GS

Six9GS Road Train Member

Dec 3, 2012
    Yuma, AZ
    IDK. That truck has the driver sitting in the middle of the truck. Kinda hard to physically look out the window while backing when your sitting in the middle. Just my opinion, but I think that's gonna be a problem.
    Regardless, best of luck with getting it and hope things work out well with it.

5. chimbotano

Apr 21, 2013
  6. chimbotano

Apr 21, 2013
    Adaptacion!!! some people drive cars with steering wheel on the right side and others on the left side. Deasel is too expensive !!!!

7. God prefers Diesels

God prefers Diesels Road Train Member

Jun 26, 2020
    South Texas
    You can buy a lot of diesel for the price of a Tesla that doesn't even have the infrastructure to charge it yet.

8. SmallPackage

SmallPackage Road Train Member

Dec 20, 2019
    Marion Texas
    Pay 20k now for something that hasn’t been built yet. Heck yeah. If rich enough to do that diesel can be afforded. But diesel will be up to 20k a gallon by the time the first mega fleets get them before any one truck buyer will anyway.

9. Blu_Ogre

Blu_Ogre Road Train Member

Jul 14, 2013
    Out west
    This is major. Unless you can keep it local enough to "out and back" on one charge, or have reliable charge facilities to overnight charge along a contracted route it may not be practical.

I am about half way between port of Tacoma, WA and the area of Portland, OR that has lots of inter-modal. Glanced at a truck paper add for an electric day cab tractor. It's range was not sufficient to guaranty I could do a round trip without an extended lunch top up....... As the batteries age and loose capacity it would not work for me.

10. God prefers Diesels

God prefers Diesels Road Train Member

Jun 26, 2020
    South Texas
    Not to mention battery losses when winter time comes, and you're up there where it gets cold cold.

Badmon, RefMata, Vampire and 6 others Thank this.
  11. LoneRanger

LoneRanger Road Train Member

Jun 3, 2018
    the guy on the phone not being a good help should be an indication of customer service you’ll encounter.

As far as city driving? Maybe fine but OTR and Long hauls is a no go with their limit. Remember if your truck can’t go as far as diesel can then you won’t get the loads until every diesel is off the market.

alds, Dino soar, RefMata and 7 others Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.