THINKING TO BUY A TESLA SEMI TRUCK

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by chimbotano, Jun 3, 2022.

1. Another Canadian driver

Another Canadian driver Road Train Member

Nov 14, 2021
    ALBERTA
    Temperature sensitive too.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. m16ty

m16ty Road Train Member

Jan 22, 2016
    What technology allows for charging while in motion, aside from hauling around a diesel generator, but that kind of defeats the point.

4. Blu_Ogre

Blu_Ogre Road Train Member

Jul 14, 2013
    Out west
    One that is established in the bus,street car, and train arena is the overhead wires. Seen someplace they are playing with it in Europe for trucks.

Batteries, Or Overhead Wires? The Debate Over Zero-Emission Bus Technology

I personally think they are an eye sore but may be one of the viable options.

5. striker

striker Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2009
    Denver, Co
    there are a couple stories out there of using inductive charging embedded in the road surface, that will allow the vehicle to charge while in motion. There is also a car that is being shown online with a supposed unlimited range, it charges while from solar in the roof while being driven, but it has a limited speed to do this.

6. striker

striker Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2009
    Denver, Co
    I've seen a couple articles on multiple companies working on battery powered reefer units, with solar panels embedded in the trailer roof to keep the batteries charged, I believe the units are in testing, but probably still a ways off from being mass used, that is a technology that would actually be very beneficial if it can be made to work reliably and properly.

7. ZVar

ZVar Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Flint, MI
    It's currently just a test right now, and my opinion on it's effectiveness, or even getting built is questionable there is this.

Detroit to get 1st U.S. electric vehicle charging road by 2023

8. petefan4000

petefan4000 Light Load Member

Dec 2, 2020
    Michigan
    Or Diesel-powered buses with synthetic Diesel fuel, which can be run in any Diesel engine without modifications, already exists, and offers the same energy density of petrodiesel, all with extremely low net CO2 emissions.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.