This has been a bad year at Walmart.

Discussion in 'Wal-Mart' started by BackIsSore, Aug 14, 2017.

1. ur2ez83

ur2ez83 Light Load Member

Oct 26, 2008
    Clayton, NY
    I applied to Wal-Mart last year. They called me in to Marcy to do the road test and DOT physical and I passed both. I wanted to be home a little bit more so I figured they'd at least get me home 2 days a week but I drove many different kinds of equipment in the oil patch and one of them was a straight fuel truck pulling a trailer 105000 pounds total and Walmart considered that not a tractor trailer so that didn't count the last 30 months driving even though I've been driving 12 years.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Western flyer

Western flyer Road Train Member

Mar 13, 2014
    Consider yourself lucky.
    That's like buying a ticket on the titanic then
    Missing the anchors away. Lol.

Puppuller 57, ur2ez83 and BackIsSore Thank this.
  4. BackIsSore

BackIsSore Road Train Member

Oct 18, 2008
    USA
    Walmart did you a great favor! I wish they would've saved me the time from this crap job also.

Puppuller 57 and ur2ez83 Thank this.
  5. ur2ez83

ur2ez83 Light Load Member

Oct 26, 2008
    Clayton, NY
    I guess it wasn't meant to be and from the sounds of it, it's not that great anymore.

Puppuller 57 and BackIsSore Thank this.
  6. ChevelleRednReady

ChevelleRednReady Medium Load Member

Oct 5, 2017
    Texas
  7. Coover

Coover Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2016
    Maybe we should start a thread WM here I go!
    Planned on going home seeing how it's go home day and I have relatives that flew in from out of town for Thanksgiving. Get message on bkh stating let us know if it's too tight thx XXXX from the ROC. Got back to gate with minutes on 14. Dropped trailer and get message. Hey minion update hours, I ignore. Turn in paperwork and get told I need to update hours. I laughed and said well I'm -50 something on my 14 and got maybe 2 something on 70. "Ok we'll find you something short after your layover." Ya umm remember me telling you about family coming in and all that jazz. "Only GTM can give exceptions everyone must extend". I chuckled everyone huh! Asked if I was "All right" I said absolutely not. Asked "What's wrong?" I stated if I told you, you'd fire me! That conversation ended quickly. As so much probably my employment in near future. Good luck to everyone. Even the .38 specials. Y'ALL will need it.

foggy, Markham27 and ChevelleRednReady Thank this.
  8. haz-matguru

haz-matguru Road Train Member

Feb 18, 2012
    Who ever said it was great??????

9. ChevelleRednReady

ChevelleRednReady Medium Load Member

Oct 5, 2017
    Texas
    I had something of the same thing happen on my Friday this weekend. I'm on a program, they've never had me extend on any program. I showed up to window with 1 hour at most and 6 hours on my 70 .. How many hours do you have? I got less than 1 and its my Friday I responded. And on your 70 ? 3 hours I responded, so I lied a little... you'll need to layover.. I then said, thats not going to happen, I turn in this truck tonight and other said driver gets in it Tommorow.. I'm not swapping trucks for 3 hours on my 70... She glared at me and turned around to Mgr so as to tell the Mgr to handle this Driver for me.. Mgr saw how aggravated I was and said " He's a program driver, he can go" . So I lucked out but the old hag in dispatch was sour that I went home.. Tootles granny. Its the same crap every holiday season.

foggy and BackIsSore Thank this.
  10. haz-matguru

Feb 18, 2012
    WOW must extend huh

11. haz-matguru

Feb 18, 2012
    An old hag huh. That's an associate MR. You need to get into the thanksgiving mood, and work to service stores sir!!!!!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.