This is another reason why the california know-it-alls should mind their own business......

Discussion in 'LTL and Local Delivery Trucking Forum' started by Russian Rabbit, Feb 12, 2020.

1. BigDog Trucker

BigDog Trucker Heavy Load Member

Nov 4, 2018
    I was out of the northeast.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Russian Rabbit

Russian Rabbit Road Train Member

Jan 3, 2016
    Wait, were you the one that went to food service?

They must have loved you at your terminal if you never got charged with a preventable for all that.

4. Russian Rabbit

Jan 3, 2016
    If you were out of the terminal i think you were out of then, yes, even sneezing would cause an accident, so because of that, they were probably more lenient over there.

5. Transit_lifer

Transit_lifer Light Load Member

Feb 23, 2020
    Hemet, CA

Attached Files:

6. BigDog Trucker

Nov 4, 2018
    Yeah, after the way the contract was pushed through, I left to go work for a liquor and wine company.

7. Russian Rabbit

Jan 3, 2016
    Well, first off all bad move, if, i may so bold sir. Secondly, i think you were out of "P" and that's a tight mofo. So maybe it was a given that stuff would get scraped etc.

BigDog Trucker Thanks this.
  8. BigDog Trucker

Nov 4, 2018
    Meh, I'm not sweating it lol. The start time was killing me, and the pay scale wasnt anything to write home about. The straw that broke the camels back was the way that contract was shoved through. It really put a bad taste in my mouth.

9. kidz bop

kidz bop Medium Load Member

Oct 5, 2017
    U know.

Other way to look at it is to report that receiver shipper to osha saying that their lot does not have clearance for your trailer curtains which ur following the regs by usibg trailer curtains(not sure of real name but calling them curtains in this post). Osha might inspect and order the shipper reciever to repave that lot.

I know apartments that repaved stuff inorder to make it wheelchair access. Etc.

Or u could warn ur company about that shipper and tell ur company to only send trailers without trailer curtains due to clearance issues. For example some shipper reciever in brooklyn would get class a trucks sent there but after osha inspected inorder to improve safety only class b trucks allowed to deliver there.

Lastly i guess using this as example can help persuade law makers to change the law. The law is always changing and updating.

Last edited: Feb 29, 2020
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.