THIS IS BS Im about to give up

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by comrade86, Dec 25, 2010.

1. Broken Spoke

Broken Spoke Medium Load Member

Mar 22, 2010
    Tucson Arizona
    "i have a dream" m.l.k.

halfburn Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Phantom 69

Phantom 69 Light Load Member

Aug 10, 2009
    SC
    What is considered "a good company"?

4. delta5

delta5 Road Train Member

Sep 9, 2010
    Ohio
    I have been working for Butler Transport for about a month now. They have been very decent to work for. They put me in an EXCELLENT truck, I cant complain. They have treated me well so far. My dispatcher is easy to get along with, he keeps me on longer trips mostly. Because of the electronic logbooks, they give me plenty of time to make a trip (no 600 miles overnight crap...). I live in NW Ohio so its very easy to get me home, they have customers all over NW Ohio. They start you out at 32cpm with per diem. They add 2 cents if you run 12000 miles in a month. They dont like to pay detention (one of my gripes), but I am told they cover most fines that you would normally pay out of pocket. They do have truck GPS built into the qualcom so you wont need a Tom-Tom. This helps make up for the electronic logbook because you wont be running around in circles for hours being lost LOL... They want you to stay out for two weeks, then take 3 days off. I can live with that, because it lets me take the longer runs. So far, except for the pay rate and detention, I cant really say anything bad about Butler Transport.

comrade86 Thanks this.
  5. Bent Wrench

Bent Wrench Medium Load Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Cornholio, OR
    It's called OTR!

You don't get to choose where you go.
    You don't get to choose what you drive.
    You don't get home time whenever you want.

Just a reality check...... :biggrin_2554:

dino6960, dawnio and flyingmusician Thank this.
  6. wulfman75

wulfman75 Road Train Member

Jul 15, 2010
    Athens, GA
    NW Ohio, I grew up in a small town called Hicksville. :) Don't miss the winters though. :biggrin_25523:

7. northbamatrucker

northbamatrucker Light Load Member

Oct 6, 2009
    Try Averitt they are good and will get you home on weekends

comrade86 Thanks this.
  8. last 1

last 1 Medium Load Member

Nov 29, 2009
    I must be doing something wrong than....... O wait that's right I own my stuff :biggrin_25522:

9. ZippyNH

ZippyNH Medium Load Member

Aug 8, 2010
    Southern NH
    In my experiences with companies, I think the single most important thing when picking a company you want to work for is to find out about the corporate culture...many places are very different, and how people are treated...it varries as much as with size, but in general I think bigger companies are more rule based, and smaller companies are more judgement based...
    Some folks love having a rule book to follow, some prefer to have to make a judgment based descesion, and then back up why you did what you did based upon the info you knew...
    IMO since you liked Warner, it sounds like you like a rule/policiy based company...and generally that will leave you picking from the big-boys+mega fleets...
    Werner also know this, and they recuit ex-military folks so aggressively because they know they have worked/lived in a similar culture. Many folks, comming from other walks of life are not expecting this, and from the sound of it, are not happy.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2010
    TxStoke Thanks this.
  10. master

master Bobtail Member

Dec 6, 2010
    ca
  11. Big Red

Big Red Lonestar

Nov 11, 2007
    OK......More information time.

Are you really hung up on the kind of truck you drive????? In other words
    if it isn't a W9 are you gonna be able to deal with it??

What kind of freight are you willing to haul???

Do you want to continue running OTR or would something a bit more
    local/regional work for you????

You don't want to drive up North or out West..........to some of us that
    means Oklahoma and New Mexico.

I'm on record as to saying that very thing.........more info please.

Finally.......I'm not picking on you.....it's just that sometimes good trucking
    companies don't advertise.

halfburn Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.