This Trade War is biting. Imports are down and slower trade is not good for Truckers.

Discussion in 'Truckers News' started by greek620, Mar 20, 2019.

1. greek620

greek620 Bobtail Member

May 28, 2018
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    This China non sense you speak of is our Retail that has failed for years. Combined with China's First actions in trying to maintain the illusion that their Nation holds the keys to prosperity built on debt for first time in their Empire's History. I believe we embargoed some stuff and they have also done the same. They are also banned certain things that we have been shipping to them for ages because they can process it but we cannot. (Recycling and trash for example)

Things are going to be slow a while. The best truckers I know of do not complain when they enjoy that weekly bowl of bean chili.

JoeyJunk and jammer910Z Thank this.
  4. Doealex

Doealex Medium Load Member

Feb 21, 2018
    Speaking of recycling, local Wsste Management stopped taking pizza boxes for recycling. Is this related to Chinese trade war :) ?

5. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Who knows.

Personally I don't buy very much from China anymore. We have a Coffee pot that burned out finally. We are fixing to order a Commercial BUN Coffeepot that will never burn out. And hopefully we can find one of these that are American Made by people who wish to see this thing 50 years into the future still making coffee. We have wasted 200 dollars in Mr Coffees about 18 at a time these last 4 years. No more.

Regarding the buying Im involved with trains and there is a great deal of computer stuff that goes with them in the Binary language.00000001 = 1 00000010 = 2 and so on. The DCC control stuff is made in the Florida Panhandle among other things. I have a certain amount of spending through the online auctions instead of retail trying to see about those 600 dollar MSRP Retail pricing from China with a year or two wait after a backorder to be filled, if ever. I prefer to go back a decade or so and only pay about 130 or so for the same item. Any necessary computer work or repairs are easily done on the workbench within reason. it is good to keep occupied with something fun other than DOOM. (You aint lived until you tried DOOM 64 on SNES)

I would not be surprised to see us in a shooting war with China. We probably will lose a few carriers if we get too close to their mainland with thousands of missiles on hand for them and only a couple hundred defensive missiles on hand for us. Those carriers will get sunk at some point. What we do about it will be totally up to who is in the white house then. A little nuking would go a long way on that horrible day. Thta's where I think it's going. But it will take a while to get there. In the mean time they are being pretty blatant in bulking up, banning millions from trains, planes and traveling anywhere and denying more millions the care that they could benefit from. Due to the so called social score system that they put into place a few years ago. I don't know about you, but that's not freedom.

6. Doealex

Feb 21, 2018
    I don’t think it will go to the level of using nukes but we might see another proxy war between US and China.
    Leaders of both countries should remember Einsteins famous quote “ I do not know with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones!”

7. CousinVinny

CousinVinny Medium Load Member

Jan 26, 2015
    New Jersey
    Cyber warfare and it's already happening.

American companies are under constant threat by the Chinese. I can show you endless pages of firewall logs, all day every day, of Chinese hosts attempting to compromise my systems. The Chinese government appears complicit as they take no action to combat the malicious actors within their borders.

8. Brandt

Brandt Road Train Member

Sep 17, 2012
    We could make the stuff in the US and then we will have loads to haul. See how simple the fix is. It's not like importing is the only option.

9. Doealex

Feb 21, 2018
    Cyber warfare is a part of hybrid warfare. Hybrid warfare had been used since Alexander the Great started using spies to infiltrate the enemy. The problem today is China is a lot harder (nearly impossible) to use hybrid warfare against.

10. Doealex

Feb 21, 2018
    It is not as simple as it seems. The problem here it is a lot more expensive to produce in the US than in China. Mostly because of the labor costs and regulations. Artificial trade barriers may lead to depression (Great Depression before World WarII) or recession (still going on in Japan).

greek620, gokiddogo and Grumppy Thank this.
  11. Brandt

Brandt Road Train Member

Sep 17, 2012
    we may have to pay more. You also would be putting more people to work. Anything is possible I don't think claiming it could mean depression so we should just cave in because it's possible. Their are all kinds of views. Some would claim it will bring even more jobs back to the US. If people want to pay the price for something. The truck driver can then move that freight here in US

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.