Those that need/want to Fleece Purchase from a carrier

Discussion in 'Lease Purchase Trucking Forum' started by SamTheMan, Jul 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. luisrolon

luisrolon Light Load Member

Feb 24, 2012
    richmond va
    none the less please enlighten us with the golden plan, when should some venture off to the dark side what company should they lease to, what truck should they buy with what engine model??? seems you hold all the answers and have it all figured out

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. luisrolon

Feb 24, 2012
    richmond va
    this is your key to success?? please, talk about the blind leading the blind

4. pattyj

pattyj Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Sioux City,ia
    There ya go,I don't doubt for a second its hard work.Think you was joking making the cre fleece comment,lol.Anyway what's the difference between fleece and lease or is it the same?I've been a company driver for over 9 yrs and not now not ever do I have the desire to l/p.

SamTheMan Thanks this.
  5. SamTheMan

SamTheMan Light Load Member

Jun 20, 2013
    One day you will grow up to become a man and actually understand this. Until then I wish you the best of luck!!!!

Rawze Thanks this.
  6. speedracer 1963

speedracer 1963 Medium Load Member

Jan 12, 2008
    illinois
    SamTheMan [​IMG] Bobtail Member [​IMG] Member SinceJun 2013

good to see you became a member here so you can trash talk other drivers as if company driving is less professional :evil3:

did your mother have any kids that survived ?

7. SamTheMan

Jun 20, 2013
    If you are happy and content being a company driver, that is being successful in my book also.

Rawze, Harbinger117 and pattyj Thank this.
  8. pattyj

pattyj Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Sioux City,ia
    Guess you're seeing something im not.He seems polite and professional to me.

Rawze Thanks this.
  9. luisrolon

Feb 24, 2012
    richmond va
    its not that i don't understand the basic fundamentals of business but if your gonna tell people their gonna fail i would've thought you would have better advice on how to be succesful then hard work n luck. fyi im just as much of a man as you, but thank you and i wish you the best as well

10. SamTheMan

Jun 20, 2013
    I would suggest that you re-read the topic. Company drivers are the backbone of this industry. Fleece-Floperators are just renting and paying for someone elses equipment who could not finance the steam off a hotdog. Do you think that someone who can't manage the personal finances and credit could successfully run a business???

11. snowwy

snowwy Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2009
    lease operator, fleece operator, rental operator. free labor. whatever you wanna call yourselves.

you run your butt off. but we all know that half your butt is sitting at the shipper/receiver while the other half is driving.
    your TOLD what to do. and you do it for 90 cents per mile plus 40 cents fuel surcharge. your payments are $1000 per week. and if you take time off. your paycheck is negative and you spend the next 4 - 6 weeks catching up before you get a positive paycheck. that also means when your truck breaks down. that's time off for you. and your truck WILL break down. then, at the end of the year. you have to pay the taxman. plus your own health insurance. you don't get ANY of the company driver benefits.

a real owner operator.

owns his own truck. pays out $200 a week for cargo insurance and all that jazz. and he hauls for $3 - $5 per mile. he hauls what he wants. and go where he wants. HE HAS NO BOSS. he still has all the payments in life as you rental operators do. but he's making twice the money and NOT running his rear off. he only has to run HALF his rear off. he gets to do whatever he wants with the other half.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.