Thoughts on this?

Discussion in 'Expediter and Hot Shot Trucking Forum' started by PTSCummins, Jan 5, 2019.

1. PTSCummins

PTSCummins Bobtail Member

Dec 7, 2018
    I came across another video from a company farther north from me in Canada. I'm not super familiar with the grossing rules up in NL, but this still strikes me as well over the line. Anyone care to offer their two bits? In my personal opinion I think it's only a matter of time before he kills himself and/or someone else, especially considering the region he hauls through is a frozen wasteland 9 months out of the year :)

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Bakerman

Bakerman Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Phoenix, AZ
    You Canadians talk funny.

Bean Jr. Thanks this.
  4. PTSCummins

Dec 7, 2018
    I think you're hearing the accent of stupid more than anything else. We don't all talk like that thankfully.

Bakerman Thanks this.
  5. ast26909

ast26909 Medium Load Member

Mar 1, 2018
    He's using the wrong trailer for the job, should have a dovetail with ramps for this job.

6. singlescrewshaker

singlescrewshaker Road Train Member

Dec 31, 2017
    Little Havana, FL
    Is it just me, or is there no name or numbers on that rig stating that it's being used commercially..?

This is what gives hotshots a bad reputation. No problem overloading the trailer to the point it's flopping around wildly while just trying to get the skidder centered up. Can you imagine what that poor trailer looks like going down the highway..? Flopping & bucking over every imperfection in the road.. This "boy" seems he likes abusing his equipment just because someone on the interweb said "your Ford can't pull that!!"

Looks like the genius gene escaped the U.S. & made it's way north of the border..

7. PTSCummins

Dec 7, 2018
    No NSC tags (mandatory here, even for light duty hotshots), trailer way over axle weights, truck definitely over axle weight.

I watched a few of his videos till I saw a plate number on the truck. Keep meaning to phone into their version of DOT and report but haven't done it yet.

He hauled a heavier skidder last year....it broke the frame on the trailer, cracked a rim on one of the trailer axles and flattened a leaf...blew me away that he's dumb enough to try it again.

Bean Jr. and singlescrewshaker Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.