Three felony convictions.Do I have a chance?

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Buffalo Bill, Feb 20, 2015.

1. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    That's a positive!

I know a guy that held up the Coffee County, Tennessee jail at gunpoint, broke his girlfriend out, stole a deputies gun while in the process, mailed the gun back a week later as a joke and he didn't have any problems after a couple decades in Leavenworth with some stacked charges. His was just an error in judgement; don't we all make mistakes in life?

scottied67, AXE and Wallhack Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. driverdriver

driverdriver Road Train Member

May 30, 2011
    People can and do change when given a chance as I was given in the late 80's

Chinatown Thanks this.
  4. Jakaby

Jakaby Medium Load Member

Mar 25, 2012
    Grenada, Mississippi
    Im all for second chances but we're talking more than a second chance here and that's not counting the misdemeanors. Would you hire someone to haul a truckload of big screen televisions with this kind of record? Again, I'm all for second chances but let's be realistic

Shaggy and SHO-TYME Thank this.
  5. Buffalo Bill

Buffalo Bill Bobtail Member

Oct 19, 2014
    Thank you Chinatown and the others with some encouragement.I know it will be difficult because of my record but I dont give up easy.I was saying that the attempted robbery in the third degree wasn't a robbery because it was a buddy of mine and we got into a fight over a bet while We were drinking.No one was ever robbed.Either way I was wrong for letting things get out of hand. Chinatown I live in Buffalo Ny and there's lots of trucking companies around.You are saying I should try to get some pre hire type letters and go from there correct?.

6. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    The unemployment office and CDL school may require pre-hire letters. The unemployment office doesn't want to spend funding for school if you can't be hired after graduation. The school doesn't want it on their record that you graduated and now can't find work. Don't request pre-hire letters until you talk to the school and unemployment office so you know exactly what they want.

7. freightwipper

freightwipper Road Train Member

Mar 24, 2014
    OTR
    Try Western Express or Werner.. being they rob their drivers you should have a pretty good shot.

8. Buffalo Bill

Buffalo Bill Bobtail Member

Oct 19, 2014
    Chinatown thank you very much

Chinatown Thanks this.
  9. joseph1135

joseph1135 Papa Murphy

Nov 8, 2009
    The Highway To Hell.
    That's a hell of a mistake. I guess having to earn anything went out the window long ago, just do whatever you want and someone will pick up the pieces.....

10. joseph1135

joseph1135 Papa Murphy

Nov 8, 2009
    The Highway To Hell.
    You should have thought about trucking before you decided to get 3 felonies. Now you're at the mercy of the worst companies out there. Congratulations.

11. TankerP

TankerP Road Train Member

Oct 1, 2010
    Holding the steering wheel
    No one here is offering you a job. If you came here hoping for some motivational speech about making mistakes and salvation from sins then so far you got it. Unfortunately it's not a real job offer. I suggest that you call trucking companies directly and ask them if they will hire a person with your background. If you get a yes then go for it. But if all you get are a bunch of negatives then you need to save your time and your money and do something else.

Lonesome and heavyhaulerss Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.