Three felony convictions.Do I have a chance?

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Buffalo Bill, Feb 20, 2015.

1. So. Let me get this straight. An illegal from mexico can be invited to meet the president of the united States.

And you say this guy should look for another career.

To the OP

Don't give up, find your truck and show that employer you have changed and your willing to work your ##### off.

heavyhaulerss Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. bigdogpile

bigdogpile Road Train Member

May 16, 2010
    fontana ca
    Lol..criminals love criminals..My parole officer told me about this job and I just said NO to the big Q, have your ever been convicted of anything...NO NO NO...

G.Anthony Thanks this.
  4. thelushlarry

thelushlarry Road Train Member

Jan 9, 2012
    glasgow ky
    Sounds to me you are more qualified to be a broker!:biggrin_25524:

heavyhaulerss and freightwipper Thank this.
  5. jbourque

jbourque Heavy Load Member

Oct 25, 2012
    south english iowa
    cover your arms and dont let them catch you in a lie lots of luck oh yeah #176764

6. crzyjarmans

crzyjarmans Road Train Member

Jun 9, 2010
    Home
    1st steps to recovery is admission, which it appears you have, problem is! With felony robberies most companies will see this, and be very hesitant in hiring someone with this on their record, companies have to be able to trust drivers not only with a couple hundred thousands of dollars on equipment, but also the cargo value, sorry if this is hurtful, but it the facts, trying for a career in this industry will be hard, if you would like a driving job, perhaps something local, like pulling a end dump or belly dump, something in those lines, good luck

7. BrenYoda883

BrenYoda883 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2013
    Werner wont hire you with your record.. most of the Big and Mega companies do a lot of recruiting at the schools and they bring a lot of new drivers each week.. and then start weeding them out.. some never make it through orientation, then a lot do t make it through training...

Your best bet is to try the smaller companies... they ones you can actually walk in fill out an ap and get a face to face... you will stand a better chance with a company that you can do a face to face with then the bigger ones where you will be directed to a website to fill an application and then it is reviewed and rejected based just on the information. ... with a smaller company and a face to face you stand a better chance....

Good luck to you

Bankrobba99 Thanks this.
  8. Lonesome

Lonesome Mr. Sarcasm

Dec 15, 2007
    Northern Indiana
    Find a smaller company, or start out local, driving a dump truck, or similar. Get some experience and some job longevity behind you. Anything is possible, you just have to try harder than the next guy.

9. DenaliDad

DenaliDad Retired Wheel Dog

Try to find a smaller company in your area. As others have said, having a face-to-face discussion about your situation is better than being one of thousands of electronic applicants. You might also give Western Express consideration; they're a 'second chance' company and might let you get your foot in the door.

No matter where you go, understand how you are seen and never, ever do anything to injure whatever trust you are given. You will be watched, every second of every day, and you will be tested. Earn trust. Accept the second chance you are given, don't make excuses, and start over ... really start over. Stay for at least a year, no matter how tough things are, and they will be tough.

But if you get a second chance, embrace it. They don't come around often. Good luck to you.

10. BrokeringBad

BrokeringBad Light Load Member

Feb 12, 2015

Hey now! Well......okay, maybe at TQL

11. heavyhaulerss

heavyhaulerss Road Train Member

Dec 23, 2009
    AL/TN BORDER
    I am sure their is small co's that don't do back round checks. after your record, your lucky to be free, not in jail, alive, and it's good you are looking for work. it is going to be hard for anyone to trust you. I guess I would of started on my knees for repentance & real forgiveness & except my punishment, banishment from some segments of society. do you deserve a second chance? you may deserve 10 chances but you may not get it from mankind. there is always work, you just may have to choose a different line of work. at least until someone is willing to forget your past. good luck.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.